Thread: George: Board Settings

Default George: Board Settings

George, can you possibly change the board setting that prevents posts of less than 10 characters? I know I can sometimes be quite verbose, but on other occasions only a single character is the best expression of my thought.

Paul A.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    George, can you possibly change the board setting that prevents posts of less than 10 characters? I know I can sometimes be quite verbose, but on other occasions only a single character is the best expression of my thought.

Paul A.
    No
    -------

Paul as your signiture says "make it fit" LOL!
    George, that was funny!
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich theory of life." Theodore Roosevelt

Right on DP.

Just put in a row of any characters to make up the 10 minimum required.

I usually use dots - just hold my finger on the key - quick as that.

But they must be outside the quote/s.

Set the post to no signature, and then paste your sig line in as part of the post to make up the count.
    Richard

Coolidge was known for his terse speech and reticence. A woman bet her friend that she could get Coolidge to speak to her, which was something he was reluctant to do. She went up to him and said: "Hello, Mr. President, I bet my friend that I could get you to say three words to me." "You lose," Coolidge replied dryly, and walked away. ~Author Unknown
    Even Coolidge would have to be a little more verbose to post here. Presuming he had anything to say to us.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

That was an easy one; I’ve reduced the required character number.

Our IT department has a list of BBS requests that I passed to them shortly after the software change and they have recently returned to working on them. Most of these changes won’t be noticed by you, but there are some requests by the users that I’m hopeful will be resolved soon. Of course, soon can mean many different things…
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Bulliss View Post
    Our IT department has a list of BBS requests that I passed to them shortly after the software change and they have recently returned to working on them.
    I hope they are working on eliminating the "Started by" which is still inserted before the OP's name. This makes it almost impossible to scan down the list of posts, in search of a post by a favorite author. The column has the label "Thread Starter" at the top so repeating it is redundant.

This problem did not exist with the old software.

[edit] One of the great improvements in the new software is that the size of pasted photos now adjusts automatically to the size of the window which the user has open on his desktop. Well done!
    Last edited by aostling; 09-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Allan