Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you machine today?

Hybrid View

Default What did you machine today?

In light of the "Why so few project treads" thread I figured I would start this thread. A thread for those short boring every day machining jobs many feel aren't worthy of their own thread. I like to see machining content but like many understand and do those jobs every day that just aren't worth starting a whole new thread for. This will be a good place to show them just to show some machining stuff. Lets see'em!

I don't have any real recent pictures but can't leave the first post pictureless so.

Undersized alignment pin.

New stepped pin.

Andy

Lid for my airbox. Its not finished as my wife came back from the diy shop with a load of blinds to put up, and didn't take any in stage pics so you'll have to be content with the raw stock balanced in place before shot

Done the sides too, here's the burst window (perspex designed to blow out in the event of a airbox explosion, to save flying shrapnel)

Best get back outside, its 10.30pm and the night is yet young and the house now has new blinds

http://metalworkingathome.com/?p=241

I didn't do this today but did do it recently and while it is certainly not a significant project, the fact that I was able to do it at all is. Like Evan I've not been able to stand for any but short periods and this problem started last October. A change in meds two weeks ago changed everything and based on recent self-testing I'm able to stand as long as I wish. Now I can finish things I started and start things I've been putting off.

All I did was stop taking Lipitor - a cholesterol inhibiting statin. Gone too are foot and leg cramps, fatigue, and weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by dp View Post
    http://metalworkingathome.com/?p=241

I didn't do this today but did do it recently and while it is certainly not a significant project, the fact that I was able to do it at all is. Like Evan I've not been able to stand for any but short periods and this problem started last October. A change in meds two weeks ago changed everything and based on recent self-testing I'm able to stand as long as I wish. Now I can finish things I started and start things I've been putting off.

All I did was stop taking Lipitor - a cholesterol inhibiting statin. Gone too are foot and leg cramps, fatigue, and weakness.
    Yes you found the cause ,as I am a pharmacist and hobbist metal/ wood worker.
    Cholesterol lowering drugs have this side effect very frequently . Leg, muscle cramps are the signs seen frequently. The drugs in this particular class are branded and generics. Ask your pharmacist about muscle pain if your taking. Lipitor, Zocor ,Lescol, Creator.
    Tom

According to the news on BBC today there are no side effects with satins, can't see it myself, I take them and ache? But after 3 heart attacks I'm more scared of another than the ache!,
    Mark

Today I fixed the bracket I'd made to hold 10 NMBT30 tool holders to the wall close to the mill. After that I spent 4 hours making a steel adapter for fitting the flexible hose to a shop vac. This was to replace the plastic one that broke into five pieces when I tripped over the hose

On the statin topic, I've been on them for the last ten years along with ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers (after a bad experience as a diabetic on beta blockers). The side effect of muscle pains can be caused by too high a dose. I had been getting muscle pains, especially during heavy exercise and decided to experiment with lowering the dose. It removed the side effects while not affecting my LDL chloresterol levels. A few months later, my pharmacist told me that the NHS had issued a warning about synergistic effects on statins caused by the calcium channel blocker I was on and advised me to half my dose until I could see my doctor. We were both amused when I told her that I'd worked that out for myself .

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffy View Post
    Lid for my airbox.
    Yikes - I hope you have Kevlar shorts! That turbo under the seat is pretty close to some critical gear.

VPT what Honda engine is your adjustable cog for???

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    VPT what Honda engine is your adjustable cog for???

Thats actually for a guys toyota 323 or something. I had to fix a header of his as well.

Andy

Just making sure it was for a DOHC :-)