Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1292

Thread: What did you machine today?

Shower head cracked and broke. Going to make a new fitting now. Fun times!
    Andy

Stupid plastic junk. This was an expensive shower set (valve and head).

Made up the fix. Didn't have the right sized over all material on hand so had to press two together. Brass side is a 16tpi, aluminum side is 18tpi with a taper done by hand.

I taped the plastic 'slightly', then heated up the new fitting and screwed on the plastic head. Seemed to seal up good after initial testing.

Keeps the legs spread.
    Andy

What's up with shower heads lately? I installed one for my BIL, with a hand held head. Turned the water on and the thing blew apart at the swivle ball. Nothing broke, just a pos from guess where.
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    Stupid plastic junk. This was an expensive shower set (valve and head).

Can't be too "expensive" if it's plastic.

Made up the fix. Didn't have the right sized over all material on hand so had to press two together. Brass side is a 16tpi, aluminum side is 18tpi with a taper done by hand.

I taped the plastic 'slightly', then heated up the new fitting and screwed on the plastic head. Seemed to seal up good after initial testing.

Nice fix! I've had to do similar before on a plastic gas tank.

Keeps the legs spread. <-----------
    I sure hope SWMBO doesn't read your post. That right there could cost you a month or two of access.

I posted this today on YouTube. The adapter was missing the rear screw
    https://youtu.be/g4_ny6quOKg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    I sure hope SWMBO doesn't read your post. That right there could cost you a month or two of access.
    Luckily the wife only stalks my facebook.
    Andy

Today I made an arbour for my new set of MADE IN CHINA gear cutters. I wimped out and made it with a 3/4" straight shaft so I can slip it into a 3/4" R-8 collet rather than futz around making it with an integral R-8 shank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
    What's up with shower heads lately? I installed one for my BIL, with a hand held head. Turned the water on and the thing blew apart at the swivle ball. Nothing broke, just a pos from guess where.
    I had to fix mine too. It's a fairly expensive Waterpic hand held shower massage. It uses a ball and socket design where it attaches to the bent pipe coming out of the wall. That is held together by a large threaded ring with "wings" to let you tighten it by hand.

As fate would have it, the stupid thing only holds on by a thread. Plastic threads. The darn thing stripped out one day, leaving the $60 unit unusable. There were three undamaged threads on both parts but the piece bottomed out before they engaged. I milled the pocket about 3/8 inch deeper and took a bit off the length of the male part. That gave me two full turns. Now I'm waiting for the next chrome plated plastic bit to fall off.
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

As my 1st lathe job since my Christmas Eve HA and quad bypass, Yesterday after coming home from physical therapy, I turned a Counter Shaft bearing boss support ring for a ‘68 Sportster, It’s a favor for a guy on a different forum. Today...My chest muscles and ribs are screaming and I’m useless . Lesson learned the hard way. I still need to veg for a while and just read the forums.

Illigitimi non Carborundum
    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade. Now I boil oil

You want to be checking whether you can thread it to the next size up and down and if necessary machining a threaded sleeve to go between the two. Making sure that you still get coverage from any washers, of course. Not that wife and child are heavy on shower fittings, you understand. Mainly the handles through the glass. *Sigh*