Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1292

Thread: What did you machine today?

Finished my latest dial indicator holder for my South Bend. It would be nice if I could add a photo or 2 from the ones I managed to load into my album. But, I'm out of patience for now.

Made a pulley.

Turned this combo crankcase speedo drive plug and oil drain for a Ď68 Sportster.
    Illigitimi non Carborundum
    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade. Now I boil oil

Nice work, Tim. Aren't you supposed to be 'veg-ing'? (Shop time can be therapeutic, though!

Thanks,
    My lovely wife, ( an RN ) told me Iíd healed up well enough to finally get back in the hot tub.
    A half hour in 102 degree jets really got me charged up and feeling less pain. Thatís also my creativity time when I plan out little jobs like that plug. Leave it to Harley to use an 11/16-20 thread.
    9X49 Birmingham Mill, Reid Model 2C Grinder, 13x40 ENCO GH Lathe, 6X18 Craftsman lathe, Sherline CNC mill, Eastwood TIG200 AC/DC and lots of stuff from 30+ years in the trade. Now I boil oil

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Grim View Post
    Thanks,
    Leave it to Harley to use an 11/16-20 thread.
    Seems like Cummins used a 11/16-20 thread for cylinder head bolts. Had to dig a few busted ones back in the day…...

Today I finally got around to fixing a couple of the broken teeth on the back gear of one of my 9" SB lathes. I've tried to grind a tool bit to single point cut them but that was a dismal failure so...I bought a set of MADE IN CHINA gear cutters! First time using a gear cutter too but all went well.

After a couple months working on a big job I couldn't share, it's nice to be back machining regular old bread and butter fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
    After a couple months working on a big job I couldn't share, it's nice to be back machining regular old bread and butter fixtures.

Nice!

I'm always amazed at the complexities involved with that kind of work. I'm sure there have been lots of changes in the biz over the last few decades.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Nice Dan. Itís A day short of 15 yrs since I last worked in CNC/Mold shop. SmartCam, Peps Wire EDM, Esprit.
    My wifeís cousin sells consumables, says he has shops that would want me part time after I retire from the refinery next summer. Not sure if I wanna cross that bridge.