I used the setup of change gears as recommended by Paul A. and the rope around the chuck as suggested by Wierd. I hung a small anvil on it to take up the slack in the gear train. It all worked well. It took hours, basically operating the lathe as a hand powered shaper with an acme form tool turned sideways in the tool post. I decided to make a 100 tooth "gear" for future indexing purposes. Although the change gear combo works to produce 100 divisions, it is difficult dealing with the lost motion. I now have a 100 tooth item that I can use directly on the spindle mandrel for indexing, that eliminates having to deal with lost motion. Thanks guys.