Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in Yahoo groups and having problems with the "new yahoo"?

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri)

Default Anyone in Yahoo groups and having problems with the "new yahoo"?

What I've noticed is that:

Messages don't seem to work right with standard email programs like Outlook or Outlook Express. If anything in the thread was posted from a smartphone, the thread is "poisoned", and the only way for your reply to show up is to copy the earlier stuff into a new message.

If you just reply, everything you add is stripped off.

Messages are unsearchable, many photos are messed up, multi-sized options don't work, you just get the thumbnail.

It seems to be a mess.

I don't like it yet either. Maybe it will grow on me. I don't think it was working right the first time I logged on, but it seems to be easier to navigated tonight.

bedwards

I have been having problems with the old yahoo for over 10 years. I joined a South Bend Lathe group over 10 years ago and by mistake gave my work email as an alternate contact some how I got set up to get an email for every post. I deleted my account thinking it would stop but it hasn't I get like 300 emails a month to my work email address. I have asked and sent messages to please stop and it does not good. I will never join another Yahoo group I guess it will finally stop when I retire in a couple years and the email address is not good.

Mike

It's functionality left much to be desired before, it's a total disaster now. I had no idea that a change was even coming and then...wham!

I lightly participate in several groups. The new software has inspired me to drop a couple of them as I seldom particapate at some of the groups lately. Well I can't even quit now, that option apparently does not exist anymore.

It seems we are not alone in being dissatisfied with the new look and feel there.
    http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451
    Home
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience....well that comes from poor judgment.

I'm not having any problems using Outlook. I rarely go to the forums - just via email to my inbox.

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside53 View Post
    I'm not having any problems using Outlook. I rarely go to the forums - just via email to my inbox.
    Same here, but certain messages will have my replies stripped-off automatically. I can often tell by teh type of closing "footer" message. Seems if the message came from a smartphone, it has a different format, and Yahoo strips off Outlook stuff, because it doesn't conform to the new format.

I have a long history of stuff in my email, and it would be a real pain to switch programs.

"under review", "planned" seem to be the most common responses of Yahoo!

somewhere early on they say this is the first revision of groups in years (the threads are not dated as far as I can tell, from the link Willy gave), given that I have been getting bulletins about group revisions ever since I joined (Burke mill, 4x6 bandsaw, Sheldon lathe) the first several years ago, not sure what that means...based on issues glad I spend next to no time on those forums, even if I should...

I am the owner of a Yahoo group. When you spend the time to set up the look and feel of it all, then have them wipe that all away for you, I can tell you it will pi$$ you off !!!
    It sucks. It just sucks. You'd think that there would be some web page design smarts somewhere at Yahoo, but I guess not. Did I mention that it sucks?
    Awful.
    Terrible.
    Sssss... sucky.
    Somebody there needs to get "wrote up" man. I'll do it.
    Holy suckitee suck suck.

Yeah. It looks like yahoo F'ed up. My group, the bridgeport one might come out alive? Im not sure. But we have endured for a few years. Some of you folks are on it. Not the largest machining yahoo group but still active. JR

Yes it's a mess, I just got a new Ham Radio Forum going last week to support a new project I am launching only to have them to screw everything up.
    For simple text and pictures Google groups seems OK.
    Started a backup group there. ;-)

I am surprised that a company as big as Yahoo would screw up this bad. It does not look like they even tested "neo". The fact they did not inform the "owners" of the forums either speaks volumes of what they think of their users.

It great the Village Press hosts this forum themselves and George tests things before he unleashes it on us. We are very lucky.

Dave