Thread: Wiring a single phase Farm Duty motor

Default Wiring a single phase Farm Duty motor

I have a Leeson single phase Farm Duty motor that I cannot figure out how to hook up. It has a bunch of wires labeled P1, P2, T2, T3, T4, T5, and T8. I have a connector plug with a green wire, I'm assuming for grounding and a black and white wire. Here are the specific details / connection diagram I have for this motor:

http://www.leeson.com/leeson/searchp...&productType=0 -- See "View Connection" link for diagram.

This is the motor I purchased: http://www.amazon.com/1725rpm-208-23.../dp/B0009WMRCI

Here are some images I took of the connection I'm trying to hook it to (green, white and black wires) and the yellow wires labeled P1 through T8 as listed above as well as the label on the actual motor:

What I need to have it hooked for is for low voltage (110V or 115V) and CW rotation. I'm not an electrician so these diagrams are very difficult for me to decipher and I don't want to accidentally burn the motor out by wiring it up incorrectly. Thanks for any help you can provide! Let me know if there is any more information I should post.

P1 to power cord white
    T2, T4,T8 to power cord black
    P2,T3, T5 tied together and TO NOTHING ELSE!
    Power cord green to frame of motor
    Last edited by Pherdie; 09-15-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Add. info

You want your hot leg coming in wire nutted to P1, wire nut T2, T4, T8, and your neutral to each other, wire nut P2, T3 and T5 to each other. Plug in and go.

Thanks for the responses! I will be attempting to hook it up today and I'll report back how it goes. I need to run out and get the wire nuts first. Thanks again

Hi Guys,

Just tried hooking it up as directed and it keeps blowing my fuses... this is for the low voltage wiring, right? I tried it on two different outlets in my house.

UPDATE: The switch was wired up incorrectly, fixed that and it fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Jaace; 09-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.