Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gee you look Really "cute" today (shop wear)

Post Gee you look Really "cute" today (shop wear)

I have two full length denium aprons I wear in the shop at times.

A buddy last night told me how cute I look in them, SHould I be concerned?

I'd like some light coveralls, anyone got a source?

David

(the same guy commented on my black racing leathers) -- took two dead cows to make..

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:

(the same guy commented on my black racing leathers) -- took two dead cows to make..
    </font>
    Two dead cows to ride a dog, - that's novel

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

David, know a good seamsteress or tailor?

If your leathers fit well, someone good with fabric can lift a pattern from them and make you a set of covvies that actually fit.

I'd love a good source for gettin' dirty wear but I'm a short legged 6 ft 4. Ex-large commercial covvies are dagerously loose on me but cramp the jewels if you take my meaning.

Around here there's a bar where the guys leathers always seem to fit well. Judging from the clientelle I don't think you want your leathers to fit THAT well.Personally I don't go for that particular life style........................................Not that threre's anything wrong with that lifestyle...

PS
    Dave. I'd be real careful if I were you, having that guy around the shop. If you drop anything ask him to pick it up.Know what I mean, Vern?

Now John:

The only dog I own is a (65lb) Pitt bulldog puppy who loves Newcastle brown beer.
    I broke the top off'n a bottle with a fabricated opener, he got that one. He has tried to take every single one away since then. I found out he really don't like cutting torches, He ran till I was done. But When I weedeat around the shop he grabs the weed eater hub, stopping it cold. He has developed quite a personality.

My bike? it is a dual plugged stroker Harley shovelhead. When I cranked it the first time in the shop after buying it, it brought down flouresent tubes outa the ceiling. In the process of paint and some new parts. Including some made on the Jolly old American CNC. Soon I'll post a picture.
    Ain't nothing like home-grown motorcycles.

I'm shopping ebay for coveralls. I should've brought home a box of Tyvek paper jobs.

David

Thumbs up

I bought some at Quality Farm and Fleet but I think that they closed the doors around here. I think that I saw some at TSC (Tractor Supply Co) but I cant remember the maker. I just checked, Berne Apparel is the maker. They look like the old fasion covers / engineers covers.

In fact, I get called Fonzie so much that I had the wife stencil "Fonzie's Garage" on the back. Heeeyyh!!

[This message has been edited by rockrat (edited 05-22-2004).]
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

I got tired of ruining my shirts and went looking for something less than a coverall but definitely enough to protect a short sleeve shirt. I wear short sleeves all year round. I checked a lot of places but could not find what I wanted.

Then I spotted disposable lab coats in the Lab Safety Supply Catalog (www.labsafety.com 800 356-0783). They are made of Tyvek and seem to be impervious to moderate amounts of cutting fluid and oil. I cut the sleeves to half length to prevent anything from becomming tangled in rotating machinery and can use them for 3 or 4 weeks before throwing them out. Under $3 each.

All the usual disclaimers re Lab Safety Supply.

Paul A.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

What a bunch of wimps.

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Do you realise your workpiece is sticking out way too much !!

My wife doesn't think that is a problem
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here