Thread: What to do with shavings?

Post What to do with shavings?

So far my small shop has only produced about 35 gallons of shavings I filled in one hole with them.

The ones I made last night are 18" long and razor sharp (got stitches to prove that)

My pup was chewing on them, what do I do with them? Can't put thm outside cause of him. Get another 55 gallon drum? that'd be a beach to load. Now, the shavings are on floor and mill, and I got out the kevlar gloves I should've been wearing last nite..

David..

Are drums easily obtainiable? Does it HAVE to be 55 gallon, what about 35 or 20? Do you have a nearby scrapyard? I take all of my turnings/millings to a local scrapyard. Fortunately,I have one only ten miniutes from my home. They don't pay but they take them off of my hands, thus I do not have to deal with any bull I may get at the transfer station, even though scrap metal is taken there. I am pretty sure the scrap taken at the transfer station ends up in the same scrapyard I use. For myself, drums are fairly easy to obtain.
    Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

David,
    how about something like this, http://www.puckmaster.com/ probably a bit more expensive then a 55 gallon drum though

Mike

Lightbulb

Hey David,

How about you pour some clear acrylic shapes with shavings inside.
    Polish and sell on ebay.
    You could become the knicknack King of the south

Alex
    Alex

Maker:

All jokes aside, I gave away some brass curls I had just cut with the leblond, For christmas tinsel. That was last year. I was confused. It looked like junk to me, they hung it on thier tree. They were happy.

When the cutter is perfect and the feedrate right the brass is 30 or 40 feet long coming off the lathe, just get it started across a chair back or something so it don't get all tangled up.

Since being cut with the "steel" shaving just picking it up, I want to convert the rest of the program drilling the legs for the press to "peck" driling cycles. make them suckers short ans able to be picked up with the vacuum.

I learn more each day about what "NOT" to do.

David