Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please dont "upgrade your look"

Default Please dont "upgrade your look"

I just looked at the "other forum" .They made a big upgrade .Now when you read the posts , the font is to small.Please leave this site as it is ,Edwin Dirnbeck

Its not hard to re-set the "other forum's" text height on your computer to suit yourself.

Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? Hold down the Crtl key on the keyboard and spin the scroll wheel up and down until you get the size you like.

Like it or not, the Internet is always changing. The "new look" is what we have now, and it's going to persist for a while, that's for sure. I'm in the process of spending an obscene amount of $$ upgrading the Gryphon web site to the modern, more print magazine look, in part to be compatible with the teeny screen mobile devices. That, along with presenting a thousand things with "buy now" buttons and producing video "content" is quite a challenge for a small, service-oriented local business - to put it mildly.

I miss the big buttons, and other browser features that got dumped with recent upgrades, but everything works fine, and I'll get more used to it every day. . .
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech

You can also do the control key and + or -.

just don't employ the Yahoo Neo programmers......(or any geek programmers who think they are too kool to make things user friendly and 100% compatible with IE)

I dont go the other forum anymore anyway. Too home shop apparently, but I find the atmosphere better in here anyway.

Yup! ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
    Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? Hold down the Crtl key on the keyboard and spin the scroll wheel up and down until you get the size you like.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

The other site claims to be more commercially oriented. So the correct way for a commercial operation to make their parts too small and when the customer complains tell them to stuff it and make the parts bigger themselves?
    Great advice.
    Tomorrow I'll change a couple of parameters on the CNC program and churn out ten thousand smaller bushes. We'll save a packet on materials so I should get a bonus. I'm sure the Customer will be happier too as I'll put some nice big adverts on the delivery crates.

Don't forget to leave a large offcut between the parts and to powder coat everything white.