Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bridgeport CNC Conversion...

The trouble with these drives is that the manual is in prime Chinglish, all the settings are there its just nobody can understand what they do

Most of the tuning ability i have is within the CSMIO controller, tweaking the pId values manually should get some result.

Axis now steady and pretty well tuned, gone for a relaxed speed - no point in thrashing the bevels etc.

Did an auto-set on the steps per, preliminary accuracy tests seem to show repeatability of -0/+0.02mm which think is pretty good for an uncompensated heavy knee. I could only test over 50mm as thats all my DTI will do so no idea yet what a long shift will do but most tools are within 100mm of each other so shouldn't be an issue i think.

Can move on to macro tweaking now.

All sorted, had a bit of a bumpy ride caused by having a line in the M6 code that reads SetCurrentTool=GetSelectedTool() This applies tool length offset internally and my issues were caused by applying TLC twice - not a good thing.

I have now made the M6Start drop the knee 50mm to make tool change easier when going from short to long tools, the M6End then calculates the new positing and moves the knee to it then the code starts.