Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT: Low Cost Borescope

I use Ezon's ViewPlayCap. Had it for a couple of years, no issues.
    It is very simple, limited features and I use it with WindowsXP.

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
    I use Ezon's ViewPlayCap. Had it for a couple of years, no issues.
    It is very simple, limited features and I use it with WindowsXP.
    This what I'm using as well. It allows stills in various resolutions, video if I need it and it came with the endoscope for free.
    It's all I've needed, let's face it I'm not making a feature length film with it nor am I going to take it on a once in a lifetime vacation for stills. However it does do what I need and that is to take decent quality shots of places that are relatively inaccessible.
    It does an amazingly good job for something that costs me only six bucks. It also came with an attachment that allows me to look at 90 from straight on.
    The only thing that I would have liked to have been able to on this last excursion inside an engine's cylinder would have been for me to have the ability to look behind. Or more precisely in this case, up. I wanted to not only look down inside the cylinder but it would have been beneficial to also look up at the combustion chamber in the cylinder head in order to ascertain if it had incurred damage.

One of the biggest benefits of this cheap camera is that at it's price point it is also expendable, makes it that much more likely to get used.
    Mucch like the hundred dollar camera that stays in the truck and gets to take all of the nice pictures while the expensive one stays safely at home.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Oasis Scientific has some free software. Have not tried it out yet but its here:
    http://www.oasisscientific.com/downloads.html
    DA

I just got a cheap KZYEE Endoscope that has a really small head (5.5mm diameter). The unit creates a Wifi network that you attach to with your iPhone or Android phone. You download a free application "HD WIFI" that connects to the camera and lets you view video in real time, snap pictures, record video, etc. It's not bad at all. I really like how tiny the head is and the entire length of wire is stiff and formable/bendable. There is a video after the pictures of a quick test with my iPhone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KY64Z9

A quick test video. Looking inside my sprinkler controller on my desk.

Work hard play hard