Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a metal channel!

Post We need a metal channel!

my wife watches the HGTV channel hours a day and gets all kind of goofy ideas about painting the kitchen for the 10th time in the ten years we have lived there and decorating the bathroom, planting more shrubs and all that junk.
    This channel is dedicated to women and the home.

What we need is a metal channel for men! It would be 24 hours a day of motorcycles, hotrods, airplanes, metal working, welding--I would even include woodworking. More shows like Monster garage and the morons at the OC choppers, only 24/7. What do you think?

More OC chopper and American Hot Rod? I think I would rather grab a rotating fly cutter.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Origin now settable to bottom left! All values positive. Click Here

Is there room on that cutter for two ?

We do have this show here though.
    I know a couple of the people who have been on this show and it is genuine and very well presented.

http://www.channel4.com/science/micr...salvage_squad/

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 07-14-2004).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikem:
    [B]my wife watches the HGTV channel hours a day and gets all kind of goofy ideas about painting the kitchen for the 10th time in the ten years we have lived there and decorating the bathroom, planting more shrubs and all that junk.
    This channel is dedicated to women and the home.

No doubt. Our TV is stuck on that channel. I run screaming from the living room nightly. That channel has gone from normal home and garden shows to ....I better shut up here before I say something non PC.

Anyway, I spend my time cruising machining websites and boards and trying to learn how to work my new machines.

Question

Junkyard Wars?

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/ju.../junkyard.html

[This message has been edited by JPR (edited 07-14-2004).]
    John

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
    More OC chopper and American Hot Rod? I think I would rather grab a rotating fly cutter.</font>
    How did you read my mind?

Alternately, how about having your cable disconnected. Let her spend the money you save on stuff for the house. It sounds like you would come out way ahead.

How about "This Old Machine Shop" or "New Yankee Machine Shop" ... either one hosted by Forrest Addy.
    Den

"Little Machine Shop on the Prairie"

Den, I'll second that. Still, HGTV is better than those soap operas. Anyway, it's the wife who pays the cable bill in this house. And as long as I have my cable modem ....
    Bob