Thread: Gas welding lens for aluminum

Post Gas welding lens for aluminum

Does anyone know of an alternative to the TM2000 lens for gas welding aluminum. I used one today and it is nice, but if there is an alternative at less than the $110 - $115 that the lens alone costs then I'd like to know of it. The Cobalt blues have been banned by OSHA for long term exposure I hear, and they don't work quite as well as the TM2000.
    Thanks!
    Ken

Did you check out the tinman welding site? I've used an old set of blue lenses for years...is that why I'm blind now? These came from a Canadian company. They where discontinued years ago but I found a pair in a shop in Quebec for $5. I'd like to try that TM 2000 lenses but mine has worked ok for me.
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Hi Torker,
    Yes, I did, thanks. He (Kent White - the Tinman) is the seller of the TM2000. They do work *very* well in my opinion but *gulp* $110 just for the piece of glass?
    I thought that the Henrob people did a cheaper version - at least that's what Jim Spratley (the Henrob guy) had claimed, but I don't see anything on their website and so far he hasn't returned my email.
    I don't think my wife would be too thrilled to give me a 2 1/2 x 4" piece of glass for my birthday but.......
    Ken