Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favored Kant-Twist types & sizes for an HSM'er?

Default Favored Kant-Twist types & sizes for an HSM'er?

Got a birthday coming up & I finally remembered (duh!) I need to get myself some Kant-Twists. What's ya'lls favorites? Most of my work is what I'd call small to medium sized. Probably going to be only 6 or 8 of them and will order today to get a cyber Monday Amazon discount or ebay; whoever's got the best deal.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

I like the 0-1" size and the longer reach 2" capacity. Four of each is good.
    Toolznthings

Thanks!
    Milton

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

I have 4"ers and 3"ers and 2"ers and 1"ers and I don't know what I'd do with out them. Any of 'em! On the mill I probably use the 3s and 2s the most. The big ones for fabrication.

Pete
    1973 SB 10K w/ collets, 3 & 4 jaws, face plates, bed turret and other 'stuff'.
    BenchMaster vertical mill, 6" RT, cheap vise.
    Three drill presses, Two bench grinders, Small polishing motor, Hand tools up the kazoo.
    And enough junk that I can never find what I need and always have to make or buy
    something else.

I have 2, 4, and 6", 4 of each. I use the 2s and 4s most often, but sometimes a 6" or two saves the day.

Ditto Tool guy.

I have all the sizes and use them. But for some small work I really like the 0-1, or whatever the smallest size is, I forget without looking. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Well, I pulled the trigger last night on 4, 2-1/2" & 4, 4-1/2" deep throat style clamps on Amazon. $13 ea. for the smaller ones & $17.76 on the bigger ones, free shipping. (Prime member) Happy Birthday to me! Maybe a couple bigger ones & 4 of the smaller ones at Christmas.

Thanks all for the input.
    Milton

And you just KNOW that the first time you go to use them that you'll find out the small ones are still too big or the big ones don't quite reach far enough.... It's not you. It's just the way Fate puts us in our place...

And a hearty Happy Birthday to ya Milton ! ! ! !

Thanks Bruce, when I think back to how I was doing dexterity & speech wise this time last year, I wasn't really confident that my next birthday was going to be a happy one! Thankfully I'm back very close to where I was before the stroke; I am so fortunate. Hopefully I'll stay that way for a good long while.
    Milton