Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favored Kant-Twist types & sizes for an HSM'er?

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    Thanks Bruce, when I think back to how I was doing dexterity & speech wise this time last year, I wasn't really confident that my next birthday was going to be a happy one! Thankfully I'm back very close to where I was before the stroke; I am so fortunate. Hopefully I'll stay that way for a good long while.
    Yeah, I read you. Things like that make being able to buy the clamps a worthy reward. And with that I'll wish you all the health and soundness in the world.

Milton
    I hope you stay around long enough wear those clamps out
    George from Conyers Ga.
    Remember
    The early bird gets the worm, BUT it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

I use the 1 & 2 the most for jigging and such. The difference in using the bigger sizes and C clamps is smaller. I've got a pair of cantilever 6" with a button to release the thread for fast adjustment, but I don't use them much even for wood work, I tend to use the squeeze bar clamps.

I STILL don't understand what happened to the cheap Chinese knockoffs of the Kant-Twist. Most of mine are knockoffs bought decades ago, and can't find any for sale now. The patent is long expired.

Quote Originally Posted by George Seal View Post
    Milton
    I hope you stay around long enough wear those clamps out
    Thank you George; I'll drink to that! (In moderation of course.)
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

On this topic does anyone happen to have a plasma/laser cut file for kant twist clamps?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    On this topic does anyone happen to have a plasma/laser cut file for kant twist clamps?
    I've got some I drew up that are extra deep, and a big sheet of 1/8" steel that I've been meaning to get around to.....

what file type do you prefer? I can do Iges, dxf, dwg, 3dm....

Edit: By extra deep, I mean a 2" clamp will clamp to the center of a 2" block.

Edit #2: here's a screenshot. 4" 3" 2" 1"

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Dan Dubeau; 11-30-2016 at 03:17 PM.

I've never used one, I hav/had carver clamps but to be honest the things are not cheap, I did have a good collection but no more, I've been looking for a strong alternative, they are available but are they somthing I should go for, my welding shop is somewhat bare at the moment, the new welding sets are in the house!, should power the tree lights!
    Mark

If anyone is interested in making your own, I have a file of pictures / dwgs. of making a bunch of (I guess I'd call them 2" and 4" maybe) which I have sent to several people on thenet but so far no one has "gotten around to" making any. :-) I made a batch of 6 of the small ones and over several years made probably that many of the larger ones.
    Now to see if Photobucket will co-operate and I'll post a couple pictures. :-)

? Maybe :-)
    ...lew... Guess it worked, (this time) :-)
    found a few more:

Last edited by Lew Hartswick; 11-30-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Wow, those look great Lew! I might have to make myself a few big ones when I get some time. The higher prices of the large ones probably justifies the time & effort of building them.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

That is great you guys! dxf works best for me. snowseeker@charter.net

Although they look pretty simple I really appreciate if either of you share the file!

I remember seeing your clamps before Lew, you must have had a thread on them or mentioned them in the SMT thread.
    Andy