Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best inserts for finishing gummy 1018?

Quote Originally Posted by lalatheman View Post
    Did you round or break the edge , where the two highly polished surfaces come together ?

Thanks
    Dave Lawrence
    No, I left it razor sharp* after grinding and polishing and it seem to hold up reasonably well, much better than I actually ever expected.

*83-degree blunt edge is hardly comparable to razor, but it gives you idea of the finish and sharpness. Under good lightning and bare eye it looks like very sharp knife blade, ie. absolutely no visible reflections of the corner.
    I have reasonably nice USB microscope and tried to take the ceramic insert under microscope to compare with something like HSS blade or carbide but my usb microscope or drivers decided to give quits with the windows.

What kind of toolholder would be used with DCGT insert ?

So far the SDJC holder looks like it might work, but have not yet fond any thing specifically speced fot this insert.....

Also thinking with the light cutting pressures involved here , a simple shop made clamp might be satisfactory.....

Thanks
    Dave Lawrence

Any tool holder specified for the more common DCMT inserts works with DCGT as well.

For those who have more money to burn these would be interesting to try:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/WENDEPLATTEN...gAAOSwnQhXoHM6