Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you whish you had done long ago?

Default what do you whish you had done long ago?

me its this:

foto hochladen

i have added the vertical table and the clamping jaw recently. i should have done it 15 years ago, when i got the saw. it makes life so much easier. i have a small v in there and i will add a bigger one higher up, as soon as i get hold of a 120 cutter.

bild hochladen
    Last edited by dian; 02-05-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Find a woman who will put up with me.

-D

Ditto. Also, should never have left Victoria.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

I wish I would have gone tubeless on my Mt. bike tires many many many years ago, also wish I would have gone 29" wheels long ago --- have to admit in certain things im very resistant to change,

there's one gurl I wish I never met, all the others are fine,,, besides that I don't think Id change much lol

oh yeah - wish I would have brushed my teeth more as a kid... but can't believe it - not much change in them since 15 years of age when I did finally make the decision to start taking care of them...

Many years ago I had the chance to go to Australia I had an uncle there who was in the royal navy during ww2. Hiis ship was badly bombed by the Japs and had to limp ashore to the nearest safe port which was in Australia. He rather than come back to Glasgow's infamous * Gorbals * decided at eighteen to stay where he spent the rest of his life.
    Many years later in the very late sixties ,when he was well settled and had a grown family himself he invited me over on the assisted passage scheme, whereby if you had someone to sponsor you, you could go and settle in Australia permanently hopefully from their point of view, as they badly needed all kind of workers. My uncle even came over to Scotland to meet me, and we hit it off immediately.
    All the papers were signed and I paid my fare *assisted *from around five hundred pounds down to about sixteen pounds.
    If you returned within five years you had to pay the Australian Government back the subsidized amount. Just as I was ready at the starting chocks someone reminded me that I could have been called up within six months to fight in Vietnam, as many Australians went there. Not commonly known or remembered today or even then.
    I checked this found it to be true, and immediately cancelled the whole thing pretty well broken hearted.
    A few months later I WENT TO London where I met the true love of my life Bronwen and we have been together ever since 46/47 years in total. I am a firm believer all these things are worked out before we come here so there it was then my dream and now no more. Alistair PS I have had a great life since I met Bron but up to that point with my parents was the worst time of my life.
    Last edited by Alistair Hosie; 02-05-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Finish school when I was young and not in my mid 30s working full time. Ohhh well im finished but was much tougher than what it had to be.

it's funny - i think Dian's talking about machine related stuff and many of us are taking off with our life stories lol

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    it's funny - i think Dian's talking about machine related stuff and many of us are taking off with our life stories lol
    either that or he's run is his life so friggin perfectly, that IS the only thing he'd have done differently

I would have started using those corn-cob cutters in the mill right away, instead of waiting 10 years before trying one out.
    Gary

Appearance is Everything...

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri in the USA)

I have (like everyone) a big list.

Machine wise? Put in a CNC mill, probably.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan