Thread: for the guitar guys here I have to check with you?

Default for the guitar guys here I have to check with you?

What do you make of this Ali Express Chibson guitars where you can as I see it have some pretty wonderful guitars made which are almost perfect ( ALMOST ) and sound really very well too, for a small fraction of the real cost. I always think some of the big names are just way too greedy. I was looking for example at some genuine wrist watches selling for it seems $870.000 .Is that sound thinking even if you have too much money. Why would you even as said filthy rich pay nearly a million bucks for something which could be made for a small fraction of that cost look the same and work as well.
    Goodness me a 3-5 dollar watch battery operated can keep perfect time.
    I digress back to guitars
    if you have not seen the just for curiosity look them up on youtube Ali Express guitars working it seems from the old Epiphone factory in China all sound nut's I don't know. Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Low order fakes.
    Cheers,

Frank Ford
    HomeShopTech

There are reasons a C.F. Martin guitar costs $3,000 instead of $300 like those Chinese guitars. For one thing, the C.F. Martin workers are being paid decent wages and have benefits.

Do you have any idea how much work it is to build a really good guitar?
    ----------
    Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
    Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
    There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
    Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
    What do you make of this Ali Express Chibson guitars where you can as I see it have some pretty wonderful guitars made which are almost perfect ( ALMOST ) and sound really very well too, for a small fraction of the real cost. I always think some of the big names are just way too greedy. I was looking for example at some genuine wrist watches selling for it seems $870.000 .Is that sound thinking even if you have too much money. Why would you even as said filthy rich pay nearly a million bucks for something which could be made for a small fraction of that cost look the same and work as well.
    Goodness me a 3-5 dollar watch battery operated can keep perfect time.
    I digress back to guitars
    if you have not seen the just for curiosity look them up on youtube Ali Express guitars working it seems from the old Epiphone factory in China all sound nut's I don't know. Alistair
    If you can't tell the difference then more power to you.
    I have a Tag Heuer watch I bought in 1990 that is essentially indistinguishable from new. It keeps perfect time. Was it worth it? Was to me..

You can buy Chinese copies of expensive guitars in any music store for $100 and up! The copies are not the same quality, just like Harbor Freight tools differ slightly from the original!