Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: You know you live in a small town when......................................

Default OT: You know you live in a small town when......................................

The wife unit wanted to eat out tonight so we went to a local tavern for supper. While we where waiting for our food a guy and his wife/girl friend/ mistress drove up to the restaurant on a tractor.

I wish I could say it was a rare occurrence but................
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

...when the UPS guy delivers a package to you at the supermarket because he recognizes your car.

when the cops tell you on Thursday they saw you do a rolling stop Saturday, and knock it off.

When strangers introduce you to other strangers, because every.dang.body knows your name.

I live in TO so am not too accustom this, but the plant is in small town. I had a guy drop by recently and remarked how the clowns from the parent co., (in to shut them down) just threw out half a skid of welding wire. While he's chatting, another guy, a really great guy and customer who has the contract for the transfer station calls my cell "hey we just had a pile of welding wire come in, you want it?"

too funny.

In the UK with a provisional (learner's) licence you have to have a person with a full licence in the car with you. However as a tractor only has one seat it doesn't apply. So some kids go to parties etc in the tractor. Can be a bit scary walking through the village knowing the 17yr old in the 600hp machine coming towards you has failed his test 3 times.

When you see a pretty girl, and think about asking her out, but first you check with your mother to see just how close a cousin she is---
    Brian Rupnow

When you go to church Sunday morning and a couple of the farmers park their tractor in the field next to the church, come in for services, and then back to plowing. One of those guys is an uncle of my wife's. The town is Malin OR.

lg
    no neat sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    In the UK with a provisional (learner's) licence you have to have a person with a full licence in the car with you. However as a tractor only has one seat it doesn't apply. So some kids go to parties etc in the tractor. Can be a bit scary walking through the village knowing the 17yr old in the 600hp machine coming towards you has failed his test 3 times.
    Fairly common in Wales, there was a guy in ASDA today doing his shopping with a little grey furgy aka furgeson tractor, an added bonus is that with a tractor you can fill it with red diesel, very cheap, legally.
    There a few unimogs around too, they are classed as tractors, (I have a terrible urge to buy one, 26 forward gears 16 reverse or somthing mad like that, 3 gear sticks !)
    Cheap to run, agricultural tax and such.
    You do have to pass a test to pull a trailor
    Mark

When you are moving in and each neighbor calls the next one up the road to find out where you stopped..................................
    Best wishes to ya’ll.

Sincerely,

Jim

"To invent you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Thomas Edison

"I've always wanted to get a job as a procrastinator but I keep putting off going out to find one so I guess I'll never realize my life's dream. Frustrating!" - Me

San Diego, Ca *** Please let us know where you are from too.

Where I grew up ... you see Amish buggies at the fast food drive throughs.

Seriously ..
    John Titor, when are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Here in the US depending on the state. You do not need a licence to operate "farm equipment" on or off road if you "are in the business of farming". So plenty of 12 year olds are driving tractors all over the place. When I was a kid the pickup trucks got a Farm Truck plate so no licence was needed to drive it while working in the fields and going to and from. Also ran red farm diesel in them. They dropped that loophole.

When I turned age. It was 14 for a permit if you took drivers Ed, 15 for a full licence and 18 to drink. Bill Clinton withheld Interstate funding to the states that did not go to 21 to drink and raised the age for a licence to 17. You can get a licence at 16 IF you had a learner's permit for 180 days prior. 18 is old enough to vote and get drafted but not drink. Total BS.