Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I just started a Youtube channel. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by KMoffett View Post
    Great videos...and ideas. I just watched your video: https://youtu.be/XvUEZH0cIWA
    The short Allen hit me, because I had just swapped jaws on my vise. I had a 1" piece of knurled 1/2"aluminum rod, that I bored 1/2" deep to fit a 1" cut off of a 3/8" Allen. Epoxied it in and now I have a short leg L-Allen for leverage, and a very short straight Allen with a knurled knob. Thanks!!!

http://s233.photobucket.com/user/KLM...?sort=3&page=1

Ken

I'm glad you liked it, Ken. I get a LOT of use out of that tool. Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripe View Post
    Yeah, another good video. Thanks for the metric conversions, they make it easier to follow along.
    Glad to put them in there. I know I've forgotten to do some though. I'm going to do a video on inch to metric conversions one of these days, but I've got a bunch of others that I need to get to first. Take care and thanks for watching!

Just watched the milling machine locating video. Excellent as usual, and it's the first time I have seen someone demonstrate the use of the center finder (pointy end of some edge finders). I remember searching for it a while back, and there was a thread on PM about it. Half the posters insisted that it had no practical use, and the other half argued about how it should be used. Funny, they rarely argue over there

If you're still looking for suggestions, I would like to see a face milling video. Choosing the right width cutter, best location to enter the cut, step-over, HSS vs. carbide, etc.

Great videos Stuart.
    I was only going to watch one but you made me spend 45 minutes I didn't have!
    Mike

My Dad always said, "If you want people to do things for you on the farm, you have to buy a machine they can sit on that does most of the work."

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripe View Post
    Just watched the milling machine locating video. Excellent as usual, and it's the first time I have seen someone demonstrate the use of the center finder (pointy end of some edge finders). I remember searching for it a while back, and there was a thread on PM about it. Half the posters insisted that it had no practical use, and the other half argued about how it should be used. Funny, they rarely argue over there

If you're still looking for suggestions, I would like to see a face milling video. Choosing the right width cutter, best location to enter the cut, step-over, HSS vs. carbide, etc.
    Hi Pinstripe. Thanks for watching and for the suggestion. I'll add it to my list. Honestly, I've never given much thought to where I enter the cut. I always try to use a cutter that will go across the entire surface (for facemills and endmills alike). If I have to take multiple cuts across a face, I try to split it into even chunks and make sure I'm using conventional milling.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorradMike View Post
    Great videos Stuart.
    I was only going to watch one but you made me spend 45 minutes I didn't have!

Glad to be of service. Thanks for watching!