Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT maybe? Depends where the funds go. Might be tooling. :D Any guesses?

You're going to be real popular when you take that to the bank. Wait for them to finish putting it through the coin machine, then tell them their count is a quarter short

Alternatively, just hang onto it and wait until you get some stupid fine or bill. Take your jar in to pay the fine. Someone tried that a while ago. Can't remember what the outcome was.

I have a wooden bowl on my desk I use for change. It's (close enough to) a cylinder about 6"x4". Some time ago we emptied it and it had over $100 in it.

my vessel is 113 inches ^3 which is .065 of yours... math happens..

Your container has $1692.31 of change in it.
    Last edited by Tony Ennis; 04-21-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Few years? holy moly grease. That is 1859 dollars and 45 cents.

I have collected my loose change over the last 5 years in a car cigarette tray, maybe 15 coins total in last 5 years
    Not a big fan of cash payments.

Now if there would be a jar for Ebay receipts that would be different

I use cash for everything. Every ash tray around here has change in it. I get especially excited when an ash try gets full and I can transfer it to this container. Not a big increase but normally a full ash try would raise the amount in the container by a full coil height worth. Looking back and what I will do from now on is make a mark every year where the coin level is. Just to see if some years are better than others.

I originally said when this coin container got full I would cash it in and use it towards a vacation somewhere. Well stuff came up and I need it now but I plan once I get caught back up I will put the same cash value in an envelope and put it away and forget about it.

Unfortunately I also don't get to take it in and have any fun with the cashiers as I have to work. So I am sending the wife with it! haha I gave her a smaller container so she can make trips back and forth from the bank to the van. Should make for a good story when I get home from work.
    Andy

We have a furniture and appliance store in our area which used to have deals where there was no payments or interest for like 18 months. Since we no longer have 1 or 2 dollar bills her in Canada or pennies for that matter, we decided to save our $2 coins. Within the 18 months of no payments or interest we saved enough coins to pay for new living room furniture.

My guess is $1777.77 What do I win the cheese ball jar with COD postage?
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

What does it weigh?

Andy, buddy, looks you've finally collected enough change to fly me over to your place and treat me to that good old Wisconsin hospitality!
    You may have to toss in a couple of bills into the pot because as my wife says, I'm high maintenance. But unlike her situation it will only be temporary for you so no biggie.
    Better start rollin' up that change this weekend Andy, we got stuff to do next week!

Oh yeah almost forgot...THANKS!!!
    Home
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience....well that comes from poor judgment.

It's so hard to judge - there's allot of quarter content and that's important - I bet dime content is even more "nutrient dense"

Im guessing by what he stated that it's somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 but could be way off

all's im seeing is some hopped up honda parts floating around in that jar cuz after all we are talking about Andy

(sorry Willy don't think your going anywhere lol)

It looks like the $1 bill is about 1/7th or 1/6th the height of the big jar.

You said that when you dumped the small jar into the big jar, it filled the big jar half way up the $1 bill

That says that there are 12-14 "small jars" worth of coins in the big jar.

You said that the small jar has $100-$150 in it.

So the big jar ought to be somewhere in the $1200-$2100 range.

I would guess closer to $2100 than$1200 because the "half of the dollar bill" that the small jar fills is at the very bottom of the big jar, where the jar tapers in, so the volume of the bottom half of the dollar bill is less than the volume for the top half (and the rest of the big jar, except the very top --- which is probably about another half of a dollar bill).

So I'm gonna call it $1900 (about 3/4 the way from 1200 to 2100).

If I'm right, do I get some of it?

If I'm wrong ... it's shows that logic can be a scientific way of coming up with the wrong answer :-(

Old carnival trick. What you are all missing is the 4 tennis balls hidden in the center of the jar..... LOL.