Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portland In. antique engine show

Post Portland In. antique engine show

Are there any engine enthusiasts out there who have been the the portland show? I am considering the trip, but it's a long hike from Texas. I am interested in stationary engines, and am wondering what they have on dispaly? Do they sell 'em? Do model builders show their work? What days are best days to attend? Any comments/info would be helpful.
    Thanks,
    neonman

If you like engines, you must go to the Portland show at least once in your life. There will be 2500 engines there, and maybe a 1000 tractors. there is a big engine flea market, and a small mixture of models. at night, the oil field engine guys come out and play, and you ain't seen nothing if you haven't seen 50 big oil field engines running in the dark. all I can say is, if you go, and it doesn't rain the whole time, you will have a good time. This includes anyone on this board, too.

Oops, I am wrong. their ad says 3000 engines, and only 800 tractors.

http://www.adamswells.com/~tristate/tractorshow.htm

[This message has been edited by Happy (edited 08-03-2004).]

If it wasn't on the wrong side of the country I'd take the 55 Poppin john (deere) we have at the shop.

Thought we had it sold, but BOBBY volunteered us to repaint it.. HA.. as if I ever will get the time away from my projects.

I love steam and old hit'n'Miss engines. I am not real sure the modern farm engines are any better.

David

Everyone at the engine shows keeps telling me "You have to go to Portland once!" Form what I hear you can't see it in one day.Maybe one of these years.
    If I'm lucky I get to go to Coolsprings for a day trip.

Frank

I am not an engine guy but a Oliver/MM tractor guy. I go every year for the flea market of tractor and engine parts. We get there in the morning around 8:00 and leave at dark and spend the whole time looking at the parts in the flea market area. We rarely get to look at the tractors. If you want to go at a more leisurely pace, you should plan on two days.

WHOO HOOO>..

RFDTV Dish network 9502 channel... "machinery of the past" steam traction engines/ old engines..

A lot better than the SHI*Coms that is normally on my tele..

Neat channel.. They also have the BIG JOE POLKA show on there.. I put it on just to tease the wife..

David

http://www.dennispolk.com/upcomingauctions.html

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 08-04-2004).]

GregR
    do you know anything about the lousy hydraulics in my 56 MM 445? The 3 point goes up, but won't come down.

I'm going to the Portland show this year. I have never been but have heard it's the best of the best. If you plan on going I think you'd better get your lodging in order soon. If you like old engines: http://www.oldengine.org/members/sherman/index.html

Jimmy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Happy:
    GregR
    do you know anything about the lousy hydraulics in my 56 MM 445? The 3 point goes up, but won't come down.
    </font>
    I have a 1956 MM 445 Utility model. I have the opposite problem. After it is raised up, the three point slowly goes down when it should not. I slowed it down by adjusting the screw that is on the third link bracket (on lower right of bracket). If I remember correctly, at first I had adjusted too much and the three point wouldn't go down. Try backing off on this adjusting screw. The purpose of this adjustment on the third link is for the automatic draft control. The screw is pushing on the plunger that engages the valve spool to raise the three point hitch. The draft control is based on the pressure that the third link receives from the implement.

I have a major leak on the powersteering in the valve and the integrated cylinder that I need to fix. Does yours have leaks in the powersteering?

Greg