Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Posts with just a link. Do we need more? I think so.

I agree as well. I get upset about people and companies that look for a bailout when they get themselves in trouble. I guess not so much upset about the people or company themselves but the fact that they get the bailout they want. Oh you messed up, thats ok, we'll help you out so you can go on and mess up again.
    Andy

Back to the question, IMHO I think links should say what they are & would rather have link to pics or thumbnails instead of full page pics or a way to quote the poster without repeating pages of the same pics.
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by flylo View Post
    ... or a way to quote the poster without repeating pages of the same pics.
    Use your mouse to highlight the part of the quoted post you don't want repeated and press the Delete key on your keyboard. Repeat as required.

Quote Originally Posted by flylo View Post
    Back to the question, IMHO I think links should say what they are & would rather have link to pics or thumbnails instead of full page pics or a way to quote the poster without repeating pages of the same pics.
    I find it very annoying when people quote a big page of pictures, but it's up to the guy replying to delete those. The guy posting the pictures initially is not responsible (and shouldn't be) for the people who don't know how to delete pics out of their replies.

I agree with that - sometimes needed to drag the pic with the reply post like to the next page so everyone can see what your talking about but if not edit it out, it's just plain more effective and efficient...

Quote Originally Posted by wierdscience View Post
    On the other hand,if the owner of the TV and computer would read the manual that came with it,they might realize that it's possible to switch screens between the computer and TV with just one keystroke.Just saying.
    The point was this is a separate tv connected to a set top box or a smart tv not a tv being used as a monitor for a computer thereby allowing continued use of the computer while waiting for the video to get past the presenter airing his fat gut and getting to the 15 seconds of actual interest in the 30 minute monologue.
    BTW I'm told they don't get paid for anything under 5 minutes which encourages the blathering on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    BTW I'm told they don't get paid for anything under 5 minutes which encourages the blathering on.
    What you've been told doesn't appear to be true. Nothing about it on the YT page about monetization, and this guy put it to the test https://www.quora.com/What-is-minimu...for-monetizing

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    ... while waiting for the video to get past the presenter airing his fat gut and getting to the 15 seconds of actual interest in the 30 minute monologue.
    I don't understand the hate being directed at these guys. It's their channel, they can publish whatever they like. Nobody is forcing you to watch it. There is lots of crap on TV too, I just don't watch it.

Do any of you guys complaining about the "blathering" have your own YT channel? Why don't you create one and show everyone how it should be done. I'm sure everyone will love it and you won't get any negative comments

I painted an engine yesterday.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by vpt View Post
    I painted an engine yesterday.
    Hocked my wife's diamond ring last June.
    Bought me an outboard Evinrude.
    But other than that we ain't nuthin, just good ole' boys.