Thread: Cushman Minute Mizer Modded! Warning You Tube links below :)

Default Cushman Minute Mizer Modded! Warning You Tube links below :)

Just bought a newer Cushman with 129 hours & a Taylor Dunn almost carbon copies. I was looking for free manuals & ran across this guy who has a lot of common sense videos. This is the shortest & IMHO the best one on Cushman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clfQAE_FSI8

This one he installs Lithiam Ion Batteries, it's longer & as he finishes in winter not much action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HonNm-THM3Q My carts are the same but 30" wide & I'm going to use at least one as a mobility scooter. They are a blast as is but now I'm looking for bigger motors.
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." George Patton
    "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves".
    Ronald Reagan

He did a nice job on the rebuild! I like the mods as well. Seriously simple carts. His comment about helpful for yard work is spot on. 48v? I haven't looked but I assume a person can get on that way.
    I have a TD SC-59 (also a B-59 which is a fixer). The SC was quite a find as it was originally 24v and someone converted it to 36v. Motor brushes were like new and it needed new batteries but it was and has been a great vehicle. It will also wheelie if you goose it. It also came with the rheostat type speed control which I prefer. Simple, easy to fix, and very reliable.

48 volt is the new standard for Golf Carts. It's still six batteries, 8 volt ones in series.

I'm looking for a 48v motor to mod at least one, maybe both.
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." George Patton
    "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves".
    Ronald Reagan

I didn't catch if he mentioned what those battery cells cost. Any idea? I've got an older 36 volt cart that was a pain to keep charged. After the 36v charger went to heaven, I was charging each battery separately with the car charger. Two batteries finally wouldn't hold a charge so it's been sitting. I sure don't want to sink another $8-900 in batteries and charger so I was thinking of converting to a 10hp gas motor with a centrifugal clutch. I don't need it to go fast, just go. I used it a lot to spray the fence line, pick up the paper, mail and haul the trash cans to the front. I sure miss it.