Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: superglue and total loss.

I find it interesting that many are referring to C/A superglue bottles. Never seen superglue in anything but small disposable tubes. When opened and properly capped after use, they almost always are ok to use again for at least 6mos. Usually sold as a pack of 3-4 or a dozen. I have opened an unopened tube that had to be 2yr old, and found it ok.

Yes, cyanoacrylic glue is available in relatively large plastic squeeze bottles. I usually buy mine at my local Rockler woodworking store, but I know these are sold through model airplane supply places and even on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Stick-Fast-Cy...07WWW0SF72KJWT). Now that you know how to keep it fresh, you won't be afraid to invest in the large size. : )

It is still worth looking at smaller size dispensers. Keeping it dry certainly extends the life as Planeman suggests. But any contamination sucked back into the bottle will also have the effect of shortening the life of the glue. And it's primarily this issue of contamination that keeps me buying my CA glue in 1/2oz bottles. How neat you are SURE you can be or how you dispense small amounts into some other container will play a large part in how well larger bottles survive.

Most of my larger containers of super glue went bad before the entire container was emptied. I now buy the single use tubes which seem to last a long time.

Jim

Harbor Freight 3 tubes for $1.49 I hardly use it but I do buy my Thread locker there.
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine