Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O.T. Tire speed ratings

I once saw one of those campers made to go onto a pickup truck tied down onto a small car, think Ford Pinto or Chevy Vega. This was on a
    highway and the camper part was rocking like crazy. I gave that rolling disaster a wide berth.

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    That's just plain fun lol at least they kept the kids out of it,

I once hung out of the passenger window of my friends "deuce and a quarta" (buick electra 225) holding onto a K-mart shopping cart at 2 in the morning in said K-mart parking lot going 70 mph --- wheels a shimmying and smoking like mad - pushed off and let go at just the right time and wrapped that sucka half way around a light pole,,, again - no kids involved... except for of course us.
    So, the destruction of someone else's property is fun but showing your kids a good time without rubber tiles is criminal. Glad we've got that cleared up.

Way back, maybe 40 years ago or so, my mom towed my brother and I on a metal sled along some residential roads by our home. It was fun and we lived.

Quote Originally Posted by ikdor View Post
    So, the destruction of someone else's property is fun but showing your kids a good time without rubber tiles is criminal. Glad we've got that cleared up.
    Kids do stupid things - I was no different, but nobody else around and just a shopping cart not three kids lives so yeah your damn right it was different, was kinda a lesson in momentum physics and we were all eager to learn.

showing your kids a good time doesn't mean making them cry right? even the kids knew better than mom from hell...

I think what's most alarming is some of the responses like it's no big whoop, so she's "only going 30" yet still holding up traffic so good chance she gets rear ended esp. since everyone else behind her is texting on their celly, but no worries about the "property" damage right? cuz there's three little bodys back there to soak up the impact...

Lady needs to go away to a special "home"...
    Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 07-17-2017 at 10:13 AM.

You have to love the liberal states on the west coast. TWICE "mom" has pled (yes, pled, not the dumbed down pleaded) guilty to felonies, yet not a day in jail.
    Kevin

More tools than sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ1I View Post
    You have to love the liberal states on the west coast. TWICE "mom" has pled (yes, pled, not the dumbed down pleaded) guilty to felonies, yet not a day in jail.
    Actually, "pleaded" is the original "correct" term....
    http://grammarist.com/usage/pleaded-pled/

"pled" is the "dumbed down" version. English is a tough language (I always thought pled was correct, too)

Quote Originally Posted by Royldean View Post
    Actually, "pleaded" is the original "correct" term....
    http://grammarist.com/usage/pleaded-pled/

"pled" is the "dumbed down" version. English is a tough language (I always thought pled was correct, too)
    It's because of lead/led, he 'leaded' is wrong, he led is right, therefore, plead/pled 'should' be and sounds right even if it's not.

Edit: nearly everything else about plead vs lead matches, just add a P, except for past tense.
    Last edited by kendall; 07-18-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kendall View Post
    It's because of lead/led, ...
    Then there's the version where the spelling doesn't change, like read and read, not to be confused with reed and red which sound the same.
    Last edited by RichR; 07-18-2017 at 01:23 AM.