Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harbor Frieght

They say "satisfaction guaranteed". IF more people would quit "eating" thier unhappiness the quality of tools would have to go up. Harbor frieght would quit selling junk.

Chicago electric products SUCK. Thier grinders last until you load them up by grinding with them.

David

Bill H thanks for the tip.
    I'll see if I can do some cleaning on the board I have since ordered a new board from HF, and because my mill drill at the time was still under the one year warranty, they shipped a brand new one from china, free of all charges, I thanked them for there honesty towards there warranty policies, they realy are good with it.
    I like the new speed controle, I like to mill deep 3/8" slots in aluminum with about 20 30 rpms, slow feeding, but I love the very extremely slow speeds especially when milling to exact locations on the workpiece, a lot of controle, now with machining very delicate cuts, and things. I wanted to say thankyou for answering my questions about the morse taper spindle on the mill drill, I followed your instructions and removed the drill chuck and have now machined three "2 morse taper spindles" for holding 1/8" end mills in very close z axis quarters. I'm now machining a universal holder with threads to fit home made adaptors, for my end mills to making an adjustable boring head and the like. I was pricing these and figured it would be better for me to machine my own set.

DVK check with "Little Machine Shop" they have a kit P/N 1223 that contains everything
    you need for your Mini Lathe or Mill.
    The kit contains 2 ea. Power MOSFETS that
    Have caused that problem in the past as well
    as many other componants for the mini lathe.
    The kit cost 34.95. Go to their website and
    type "transistors" in the space provided for
    "Search" and it will come up.

yankee1
    thanks I'll look into that,
    because I would like to get that other spare board fixed.
    Thanks again for the tip.

Speaking of HF, I've also had a run-in with a store employee. She took it upon herself to treat me discourteously every time I went into the Odessa, TX., store. I got so bad the last time, she took my flyer from me and scribbled all over the flyer to prevent me from using any other ads. I wrote a letter to the complaint department online and about three weeks later I received a letter back in the mail from David Nielsen, District Manager, along with an appology and his personal phone number.
    I've been back to the Odessa store once since then, and I didn't see miss discourteous anywhere...that made my day!

Folks, complain to them when you're dissatisfied...otherwise SHUT UP!

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anybody here.