Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hurricaines and the US

Quote Originally Posted by CalM View Post
    It shows western Colorado (Grand Junction) "under water" at nearly 5000 ft elevation

Bring on the deluge! Man has sinned!

eta

four corners is also 5k feet above sea level.

Get a fuuuukin grip!
    lol total agreement someones got a map that shows the best place for growing peaches (or something) confused with a flood map - been to the western slope many a time since its in my home state and yeah still a mile high or more there so "kinda" hard to totally submerse --- but again if your one of the "the earth is only 5,000 years old" crowd guess anything can happen --- just try to be aware those kinda "facts" are contained in your own mind and that does not have anything to do with what reality is all about lol

That "US Navy" map has a pretty rich background. LOL

Had to check it out just in case the sister-in-law decides she has to move up here with us.

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-le...rged-us.t3777/
    Home
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience....well that comes from poor judgment.

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri in the USA)

Fake news. Sad.

The supposed FEMA map shows me in a flood zone. At 600 ft above sea level.

Now, less than a block from me the houses flooded regularly. I am at least 50 to 75 feet above that area. If my house gets a flood, a huge area near me will be covered well above rooftop level, and in many areas far deeper. Huge as in many square miles, and the Mississippi will be many miles wide, running like the Colorado.

An object lesson in "How to lie with statistics".

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by CalM View Post
    It shows western Colorado (Grand Junction) "under water" at nearly 5000 ft elevation

Bring on the deluge! Man has sinned!

eta

four corners is also 5k feet above sea level.

Get a fuuuukin grip!

Maybe there will be some earth quakes and sink holes we don't know about.
    Andy

[QUOTE=flylo;1134944]
    Quote Originally Posted by H380 View Post
    Having a 90 IQ must be hard in life. Where to move to again genius?

I live in a green area so you tell me about how it is to have a 90 IQ as I've told you how I feel about you living in welfare state & welching off the rest of us. I live over 800 feet above sea level, how about you?
    Must be 80IQ. Does it not Rain at 800ft? All it takes is a trash can or trash in a culvert. When every levee around every river that drains in to the Mississippi river is bulldozed north of Louisiana. Then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by J Tiers View Post
    Fake news. Sad.

The supposed FEMA map shows me in a flood zone. At 600 ft above sea level.

Now, less than a block from me the houses flooded regularly. I am at least 50 to 75 feet above that area. If my house gets a flood, a huge area near me will be covered well above rooftop level, and in many areas far deeper. Huge as in many square miles, and the Mississippi will be many miles wide, running like the Colorado.

An object lesson in "How to lie with statistics".
    WOW READ! That map shows "PRESIDENTIAL DISASTER DECLARATIONS" due to flooding. June 1 1965 to June 1 2003.

[QUOTE=H380;1135045]
    Quote Originally Posted by flylo View Post

Must be 80IQ. Does it not Rain at 800ft? All it takes is a trash can or trash in a culvert. When every levee around every river that drains in to the Mississippi river is bulldozed north of Louisiana. Then maybe.
    It was the map you posted showed me in the green so now you argue with yourself & own map. I'd rather have an IQ of 80 than your's if that be the case
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri in the USA)

Quote Originally Posted by H380 View Post
    WOW READ! That map shows "PRESIDENTIAL DISASTER DECLARATIONS" due to flooding. June 1 1965 to June 1 2003.
    Not sure where you are going with that....

But, it is a map BY COUNTY.

Does someone seriously consider everyplace in the county to be at the same risk? Really?

If so, then they have some VERY serious problems and may need professional help.

The rest of us understand that there are things called "hills" and others called "valleys", and that the two are not at equal risk of flooding. A flood buyout zone is only a few hundred yards from me.

Folks whose houses are at the same level as mine, and are only a few houses away from me have to have flood insurance.... What does that suggest my flood risk is?

Hint... you might be very surprised.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan