I think it is a delta knock off.
    Have you made your own riser block or
    just purchase one and adapt it to
    your saw.
    I have looked on the net and have not found one
    for my exact brand.
    Thanks for any help.
    olf20 / Bob

I have an old Delta 14" , no riser block, but I see no sign of an alignment key way or dowel pins, just a big stud and nut holding the arm to the base. I would say make a block and install, just be careful to have the wheels aligned when it's all bolted together.

Joe B

I made one for a friend of mine.
    Three things
    The first is as mentioned by Joe , and that is alignment....Before you take anything apart, do this :
    Take the table and guides off ,but leave the blade, and then use a straight edge and check the allignment of the wheels by placing the "edge" vertically about 2 " in from the rim on both left and right sides . It will give you an idea of the factory setting for them. The top wheel will have a slight tilt, just note how much and if left and right are the same .

The second part is making the blade the right size for your saw.
    Say you have a 93 " blade now, and there are 103" blades available IN YOUR blade specs . That means you can make a 5.00 " riser with out having any "odd" size problems. Make the bolt holes a bit larger to allow for adjustment . Have clean surfaces and when you are happy with actually cutting something. Soak some superglue into the joints, OR cross drill between the bolted plates so you can insert dowel pins horizontally into the holes which are at right-angles to each other...sort of like having round keys that are accessible from the outside.
    For blade sizes, see--------http://www.toolcenter.com/BLADES_TO_SIZE.html

The third issue is your upper blade guide assembly. You will need to lengthen the support rod to match the riser addition length
    This may be your toughest part depending on saw make

Rich
    Last edited by Rich Carlstedt; 09-10-2017 at 09:01 PM.

I have a 14" Delta Wood-Cutting Bandsaw that I bought in 1971. A few months later, I had a job that required resawing some 10" X 2" spruce and Mahogany. I bought the 6" riser kit for the saw from the same Delta store where I got the saw. IIRC, it was only something like $20 at the time for the kit.

It increases the blade length from 93" to 105 which is a standard size. There were already alignment pins and holes for the riser in the upper and lower castings. The Kit also came with longer wooden blade guides and the large bolt that secured the riser.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't make a riser. Possibly a piece of stout 3" heavy walled square tubing with some half inch plate nicely MIG Welded together.

From time to time I have seen the Delta risers on eBay but they get snapped up rather quickly
    Last edited by GNM109; 09-11-2017 at 12:14 AM.

I have one of the Delta clones and with a fried in his shop about 20 years ago we made a riser block out of Aluminum and used a 3/4" bolt to mount it.
    made a pair of tapered "shims" to account for the taper on the castings for the bolt. (so it would be in straight tension) no problems with it in the many years it's been in use.
    ...lew...

Thanks for the replies! I just went on Ebay and man
    they want $160 to $220 for the riser block kits.
    I'm sure I can make something for that price.
    I have some tubing lying around, I'll give it a try.
    Thanks again!
    olf20 / Bob

Quote Originally Posted by olf20 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I just went on Ebay and man
    they want $160 to $220 for the riser block kits.
    I'm sure I can make something for that price.
    I have some tubing lying around, I'll give it a try.
    Thanks again!
    olf20 / Bob
    ?Tubing? I think you want a block of aluminum about 4" x 6" x 6" + sufficient to clean it up to those dimensions.
    ...lew...

I have a Delta 14" wood bandsaw vintage 1982. I have a riser block for it. If you want I can take some pics and measurements.
    just because it's "new" doesn't make it good or better, just because it's "old" doesn't make it bad or worse.
    It's only paranoia if they aren't really after you.

I made a riser block for my old Taiwanese clone out of a block of end grain White Oak.It was more than rigid enough for the application.I just drilled it through for a length of 1/2" all threaded rod,checked wheel alignment with a straight edge and cranked the nuts tight.Worked fine,never had any issues with it,still had the riser in it when I sold it.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Thanks Beazld, that would help!
    You gona get any storm where you live?
    olf20 / Bob