Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Tom Petty

Default R.I.P Tom Petty

Known about it earlier but for some reason just came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks, songs so easily for me to relate too I kinda feel like I grew up with the guy,,,

what a talent and another one down that just adds to the ending of an irreplaceable era...

+1 I love "Free Falling"
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

I will miss him too. Enjoyed listening "Tom Petty's Buried Treasure" on SiriusXM

Life is way too short.
    When in doubt, doubt your doubt.
    www.metalillness.com

I worked as a local stagehand on a few of his shows over the years, dating back to "Full Moon Fever"
    I even paid to see his tour before his last.

He was always a class act, good to his fans and crews, definitely a true "good ole boy"
    "Never bring a caliper to a mic fight"

Independent principality of Sinquefieldia (formerly Missouri in the USA)

Quote Originally Posted by R.Bolte.Jr View Post
    I worked as a local stagehand on a few of his shows over the years, dating back to "Full Moon Fever"

He was always a class act, good to his fans and crews, ....
    Behavior to the local crew says a lot about a performer. A class act in many ways.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I seen him in Edmonton a few years back,top notch show!

RBJ that's amazing and inspiring to hear, every interview I seen of the guy was not boasting but an appreciation for what he loved to do and he truly felt grateful to be able to do it, way too young but he packed allot into the time he was here.

So tonight I walk down to about the only pub in town that I will still go too cuz it's still a smoking pub, one of the few in the state cuz it's kinda grandfathered into it and can bypass the laws as it started as a cigar bar, not that I smoke but I like the smell and think that's part of what makes a bar a bar and should be left up to the owners on how they want to run it, anyways,,, they have to sell like 6 cigars a month to keep their license,,, but they had a pool tournament or something so was closed to the outright public, damn the luck --- was going to pump a bunch of quarters into the juke box with nothing but the pedmeisters tunes and have a few brews, as I was leaving I listened to what was playing inside and it was Marley,,, WTF?

so go to this other place, get my brew and did not get but a sip or two down and here some guys are talking about of all things playing some Petty on the Juke box, never seen them before but instant friends as I was offering juke box funds and telling them this is just what I was after...

We played allot of stuff, it was so cool - everybody else got into it,,, even bummed a smog off of a gurl just to seal the deal of honoring one of the greats (had to smoke it outside and yeah first one in about two years) Just kinda a fuque u to the inevitable and with this particular musician something im sure he could somewhat relate too lol...

I called it an early night but really had a need to be around people who felt the same way...

Come to the conclusion that some of these "artist" are pretty special people... I liked this guys style.

A few of the local boys and girls were at the pub tonite, one guy played only Tom Petty, and I think everyone played at least one of his songs.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

"You Wreck Me"....one of my very favorite 'turn it to 11' songs. His passing is a loss...like Johnny Cash and Stevie Ray.....pure American.