Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Steel (Japan) in hot water re aluminum and copper quality

Default Kobe Steel (Japan) in hot water re aluminum and copper quality

"...Kobe Steel said on Sunday that employees at four of its factories had altered inspection certificates on aluminum and copper products from September 2016 to August this year. The changes, it said, made it look as if the products met manufacturing specifications required by customers including for vital qualities like tensile strength when they did not."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/b...eel-japan.html

That's OK, I was not planning to buy a car, fly in a plane or drive across a bridge this year anyway.

Dan
    Measure twice. Cut once. Weld. Repeat.
    ( Welding solves many problems.)

"Employees". Like at VW, Wells Fargo, Equifax, etc... Gosh durn them irresponsible "Employees". Can't be trusted to do anything right.
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyf View Post
    "Employees". Like at VW, Wells Fargo, Equifax, etc... Gosh durn them irresponsible "Employees". Can't be trusted to do anything right.
    Every stinking person who works for the place, from the CEO down to the janitor, is an "employee". Some CEOs may also be among the "owners", of course. As can you and I, and the janitor, for that matter, if he has investments.

When you get to the board of directors, THEN you start finding "owners".

CEOs "often have a lot of influence over what happens at the company", and being employees, well, you see where that is going..... CEO says "jump" and everyone does, hoping they jumped high enough.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I know what you are saying and I understand where you are coming from.

At the end of the day though, it comes down to individuals. I would quit my job if I had to falsify reports. Maybe somebody else might for a nice bonus, but I won't. If I lost my job for not doing the boss' dirty work than so be it. I didn't want to work there anyway.

We are living in an age where truth is relative.

right? at four diff facilities these darn Employees just decided to do the same thing at the same time. Employees should read Management. And yes, ask VW employees where they got their marching orders. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by enginuity View Post
    I know what you are saying and I understand where you are coming from.

At the end of the day though, it comes down to individuals. I would quit my job if I had to falsify reports. Maybe somebody else might for a nice bonus, but I won't. If I lost my job for not doing the boss' dirty work than so be it. I didn't want to work there anyway.

We are living in an age where truth is relative.
    Talk about shady, have I got a story for you. At the end of my twenties I was training horses for a man I had know since I was a kid. He was the owner of a big factory with around 2000 employees. Very wealthy man. One day a man comes in and wants to talk to us. He was an insurance man. He wanted to work a deal with us where he would bring clients of his that were receiving big settlements or pay outs on life insurance to us to buy horses. This was back in the days when owning breeding stock had significant tax benefits and could be set up as tax shelters. He would act as a consultant on how they should or could best invest their money. He wanted us to double the prices on our horses and give him half on the sales to his clients. Of course all under the table with the client not knowing. Shady at best and probably illegal. The owner of the farm had no problem with this arrangement and was all for it. I on the other hand had a big problem with them fleecing these people. They had no idea about the whole horse business and were buying "investments". The owner of the farm told me they were going to do it.

I kept quiet and although I wasn't happy they thought I would play ball. Ha. The insurance man came by the first time with a lady that had just received a payout of $115,000 and was keen to "invest" in horses. We were all sitting in my office discussing how and what horses she would buy. I had my secretary type up the agreement and we all read it together. When we finished reading I then told the lady and her husband that maybe she needed to change her insurance man! Then I told her what the owner of the farm and the insurance man had cooked up to fleece her our of her money. That the prices were doubled on the horses and the insurance man was to receive half of the money. Also that the whole breeding plan was a sham and she would not ever see any profit or gains on her investment. I then proceeded to dress down the farm owner and tell him how ashamed I was to call him a friend and I wouldn't be helping him anymore with his farm. I told the insurance man that I would be reporting him to the insurance "authorities". Then me and the Client walked out and she thanked me for being honest and wanted me to help her. I told her I would not help her in the horse "business" as that was really a toilet for money! We stayed in contact for a while but I never took a penny from her. The owner of the farm kept trying to get in contact with me to resolve the issue but I never met with hm again.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Forest View Post
    I told the insurance man that I would be reporting him to the insurance "authorities". Then me and the Client walked out and she thanked me for being honest and wanted me to help her. I told her I would not help her in the horse "business" as that was really a toilet for money! We stayed in contact....
    Damn, I was sure that it would continue as "...We stayed in contact more and more and I asked to marry her"

I would be leery of any "insurance man" that wanted to steer me toward investments.

Quote Originally Posted by enginuity View Post
    I would quit my job if I had to falsify reports. Maybe somebody else might for a nice bonus, but I won't. If I lost my job for not doing the boss' dirty work than so be it. I didn't want to work there anyway.
    No kidding, jail time is a real possibility otherwise. I know a guy who went to jail for falsifying MTR's, fraud was the conviction. Its not difficult to discern from right and wrong, especially if one of the outcomes means a stay in the crow bar hotel