Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the cheap tools cutting milling ect from china off ebay

Exclamation the cheap tools cutting milling ect from china off ebay

Have any of you used them and what do you think the price looks good

I've purchased a wide variety of items from China via both eBay and AliBaba, including end mills and carbide inserts. The quality has ranged from great to trash. Its really a case of read the reviews on the supplier.
    Kevin

More tools than sense.

I've purchased a few odd size metric taps and metric end mills in the past. They worked fine for the job. Not sure how they would hold out in a production environment.

JL..................

If for no other reason than Banggood uses a pleasantly scented oil to coat their lathe tools and not that disgusting, distilled peasant sweat I will continue to buy from them.
    But, yes, I've been please with the carbide inserts and holders.
    Len

I ordered 4 ER20 R8 collet holders and 2 sets of 12 ER20 collets from Banggood tonight. I'll post how well they work after I try them. Unfortunately I don't have any existing ER20 tooling to compare it with but I'll report back any issues I have with them compared to using native R8 collets.
    When in doubt, doubt your doubt.
    www.metalillness.com

CCMT Carbide inserts at 4usd per 10 pc box : basically crap but works for roughing nasty stuff and general " i coudn't care less" solution
    Lathe insert holders: out of 20 there has been one bad apple that needed work with small file on the insert pocket.
    Solid carbide endmills: not sure if there is something wrong with these, price is cheaper than decent hss endmills and they perform more than ok on my small mill.

Anything made of HSS: huge lottery and mostly not worth even the small price. but I have managed to buy some of more exotic threading taps that work.

ER collets and ER chucks: runout from horrible to ok, often some burrs on ID that need work.
    Great for lathe toolholding when you use them clamping a round boring bar.

I've had a lot of good carbide engraving cutters and small single flute carbide cutters from China. Probably 1 in 20 of the single flute cutters needed touching up, but the beauty of single flute cutters is that sharpening off hand is easy ;-)

It's a real crap shoot...........

Looking for Korloy brand, high positive, polished, razor sharp inserts for aluminum. The real thing can be relatively expensive, maybe 10 bucks per insert. Last time I looked at eBay with shipping from China prices were all over the place with ads showing the actual "real" looking packaging.

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    I ordered 4 ER20 R8 collet holders and 2 sets of 12 ER20 collets from Banggood tonight. I'll post how well they work after I try them. Unfortunately I don't have any existing ER20 tooling to compare it with but I'll report back any issues I have with them compared to using native R8 collets.
    I'm real interested to hear what you think of them, I have my eye on an R8>ER25 chuck as I already have a set of collets for a collet chuck I made for the lathe. Are these chucks for your preset tool holders?

As for my experiences - lathe tools have been great, CCxT boring bars and turning holders. I do the same as MattiJ and use cheap CCMT inserts for crappy stuff and CCGT inserts for the rest. Some metric spiral flute "hss" taps I bought for peanuts were junk in steel but work ok in alu. The ER25 collet set that I bought cheap was so so - lots of burrs and chips to clean off, with random grinding marks. Got some money off the purchase price as a result and they've been doing fine since. Hard to check run out as I'm not 100% sure of the chuck I made. Haven't had a chance to get round to sorting that out.