Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:ish Different kind of shopping and sightseeing in Thailand (picture heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Anywhere outside of western tourist traps. May is insanely hot in Thailand so that limits your options a bit. Mountain ranges up north are my favourite..
    Many beaches are nowadays full of Russians unlike 10 years ago. Sometimes they behave ok ..
    +1. Wot he said.
    Full on summer is Mar-April-May here. 3 months of intense humidity and heat. After living here for 14 years, I've grown to actually dislike this time of the year. Too hot, can't get anything done. Take a COLD shower, walk outside, 10 minutes later you are soaked in sweat. In the North and Central temps will hit 38-40C daily for weeks on end...
    I'll be in the UK, strangely enough throughout Mar-April....
    Best time to visit is the cool season, end of Nov, Dec-Jan-Feb, especially the NW and NE. Will get cool enough evenings to actually need a sweatshirt and daytime temps of 25C with ZERO humidity - lovely.

Having said all that, I can understand Europeans wanting to hit the beaches and sunshine after a drab, cold, grey, wet winter...
    There's always a sea breeze on a beach, relax under an umbrella and jump into the sea every hour.
    How old are you, the wife and kids?. If you are talking taking your parents too, i'd say Apr-May is a no no. My mother nearly fainted last time she was here 10 years ago in March - just too hot for older people. My father still visits - makes sure he comes Jan- early Feb and he's 79...
    Again, after being in the UK every couple of years for 6 odd weeks, i come back, walk out of Bangkok airport, the heat, the fumes, the sights and sounds hit me, and I think "welcome home kid".

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguzzi View Post
    walk out of Bangkok airport, the heat, the fumes, the sights and sounds hit me, and I think "welcome home kid".
    I still remember my first trip to Thailand and the feeling you get when you step out of airport doors.. HOT, humid, noisy and faint smell of exhaust fumes & kerosene.
    It was december when we have 3.5 hours of sunshine on a sunny day and sun barely rises above horizon (2 degrees) in "central" Finland. Talking about difference to Thailand!
    F*** it. I want to get out of here again.

Quote Originally Posted by thaiguzzi View Post
    How old are you, the wife and kids?. If you are talking taking your parents too, i'd say Apr-May is a no no. ".
    The kids are 1, 6 and 8. Perhaps we should reconsider the timing. The company is thinking about sending me to China for a few years, might be easier to fly out of there to Thailand.

Did you see any hard disks within any of the flea markets you passed by? Just wondering if the hard disk capital of the world has them over flowing at flea markets too...
    When in doubt, doubt your doubt.
    www.metalillness.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    Did you see any hard disks within any of the flea markets you passed by? Just wondering if the hard disk capital of the world has them over flowing at flea markets too...
    You mean like these?

https://www.neowin.net/news/fake-chi...ight-literally

Home
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    Nah, second hand computer parts are more expensive than in western word. Supply and demand.
    Not everyone has money for new computer and labor is cheap so things are recycled and repaired much more often than in here.

And some more:
    Maybe you need a "almost new" ball bearing or Nuffield spares:

Willy? with original tyres:

Ball screw and linear rails :

Or a motor:

Chinese-Thai old fella running crankshaft grinder:

And another one line-boring? cylinder block:

Not sure of this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    And some more:
    Maybe you need a "almost new" ball bearing or Nuffield spares:

I see they reuse buckets over-and-over-and-over-and-over