Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone elae got Firefox 57.0.3 and have troubles?

Default Anyone elae got Firefox 57.0.3 and have troubles?

Only trouble I have had is that it fouled up the Google cookies.

I have two gmail accounts, and I have been able to get direct to them before, now google says there are cookie problems, and I have to sign in every time.

NO OTHER COOKIES ARE A PROBLEM. Just the google account cookies. They are stored, but they do not seem to work. If I clear just the google cookies, I can sign in, but I cannot get to the gmail unless I clear the google cookies. Big nuisance.

A person might start to think that was done a'purpose.....
    Last edited by J Tiers; 12-30-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I don't have that problem.

Measure twice. Cut once. Weld. Repeat.
    ( Welding solves many problems.)

OK, good datapoint.

Odd thing is that the drop-down recent places list is un-disturbed, and every link on it works EXCEPT the gmail link, and that started as soon as 57.0.3 was installed. Link shows, does not work, goes to a problem page.

Nothing wrong with the accounts, when I do open them, there is no issue. But every time I have to clear google cookies first.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I was recently updated to 57.0.3 and I have not had any more problems than usual. After awhile I have problems viewing videos on Facebook (says I need to install/update flash), or things just go slow, so I have to close/restart it every few days. I don't really use gmail, but I just tried my link in favorites and it works fine. This is all on my old and tired Win8 Dell Inspiron laptop on which I replaced the keyboard. It also sometimes stops responding to the touchpad/mouse and I have to wait a minute or two, and sometimes requires a reboot.

I am running Firefox 52.5.0 ESR. It is stable and won't update to the new "style" for a few months according to the Mozilla folks. It was set up for businesses that need a stable version until Mozilla gets some of the bugs worked out of the versions above 55.
    CPeter
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...rt-release-esr

Some browsers are allergic to peanuts.....
    Work hard play hard

Some of the old extensions did not work in 57 so I had to find substitutes, but overall I like 57 enough to abandon Chromium and make FF my default browser.

I had the same problems with non-working extensions too. The other problem is I can't find the "back" button to return to the previous web page. Haven't been able to solve that one yet. Anybody have an answer on this one?

Crashes every time I attempt to print to a network printer - prints to "virtual" printer like fox it PDF printer

I am on version 58.0b13 (64-bit) on new computer and it is working fine.
    One thing you can try is install the add-on cookie autodelete add-on and set it up to delete the google cookies.
    At least you won't have to keep doing it. I have been using it for a while. You can set it up to keep some cookies and delete others.
    Larry