Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone elae got Firefox 57.0.3 and have troubles?

No clue yet, I am holding off on 57.0.4, just because "3" is working about 3 boots out of 4 now. Used to be none out of 10.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by aostling View Post
    Now there is a Firefox 57.0.4. I held off on 57.0.3 because of this thread. Does the newer version address the issues?
    1. Did you report your problem to them?
    2. Have you tried reading their release notes? They are relatively detailed.

As of now I'm on 57.0.4 and no problems.
    A few weeks ago the thing did an auto update to the new faster version what ever the version number is ??? don't remember. I didn't pay any attention to it not knowing it was a completely different version and it messed everything up. So I had to figure out how to go back to what I have now. Lost all my book marks, saved searches and form stuff.
    I started a thread on it.

JL.................

Should not have "lost" them, but for sure they were moved. Not easy to find, unless you looked hard. Then it was "obvious".

Programmers....... They have toes, and I have torches... 'nuff said.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I had 57.0.3 and today when I woke up my computer it was running terribly slow. It seemed to be related to Firefox so I closed all tabs. When I reloaded it, I was upgraded to 57.0.4 and so far it's been working OK. I often have problems with Facebook, where videos won't work and it says I need to install/upgrade Flash. I put the same URL in Chrome and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dave_r View Post
    I never had a problem with Firefox 57.0.1.
    Allan Ostling

Quote Originally Posted by aostling View Post
    I never had a problem with Firefox 57.0.1.
    Nor did I. EVERYTHING worked until 57.0.3, other than needing to find where things were moved in 57 to begin with (which was admittedly a big nuisance).

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I've now updated to 57.0.4, with no apparent problems on my Macbook. This latest update has security fixes for the Meltdown and Spectre timing attacks.
    Allan Ostling

Well I did also, and the problem still exists. No clue what the issue is, but it is getting old.

So... to recap....

I use Win 7 SP1, 64 bit.
    Problem started the very next time FF was started after the update to 57.0.3.
    Previous versions of 57 worked fine.
    I have no special stuff aside from the two add-ins, I accepted whatever the update did, as I had with the prior ones, no special settings etc.
    ONLY google stuff is affected, every other cookie seems to work fine.
    I have to clear the google cookie each time I open firefox for gmail to work
    Everything is then still THERE, nothing seems to have been lost, it was just made inaccessible by the (bad?) cookie.
    Turning off Ublock and the PB fix does not help.
    Updating to 57.0.4 did not fix anything, but also did not make anything worse. Again, I accepted whatever the update did.
    I use AVG, which has had no problems with any prior version of FF. Same with the microsoft firewall.

BTW, there is NO software fix for the Spectre attack, as I understand it, and that attack works across a number of manufacturers, including AMD.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Quote Originally Posted by dave_r View Post
    Do they listen???? I doubt it.
    After I had all the issues with the update and was lucky enough to be able to find my way back to the previous version, I disabled the auto update.
    Every time I open the browser a window pops up saying a new version is available. I click no. No more FF updates until I'm sure all these problems have been fixed.

JL.............