Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That flexible metal conduit?

Email one of the Chinese DRO builders, maybe they will sell you some.

Also consider putting some shrink wrap over the connector and the installed conduit to assist the stresses and transitions between connector and conduit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain K View Post
    Email one of the Chinese DRO builders, maybe they will sell you some.
    I did e-mail Dirtron,since I know they use it,but that was awhile ago and I haven't heard from them.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bain View Post
    Also consider putting some shrink wrap over the connector and the installed conduit to assist the stresses and transitions between connector and conduit.
    Good idea!

Well, I think that is basically what I was saying; he will have to design and make them himself. Lathe, drill press, milling machine, whatever is needed by the design, the design that he comes up with.

I have purchased electronic and electric parts for around 60 years now and I have never seen any such adapters that were ready made and for sale. If you know of any, please post the specifics as I am sure they are not that easy to find. And I am not talking about repair parts for some existing product as those are probably made by the OEM of that product itself, and are not available for purchase on the open market.

The connectors that he shows are or are similar to a type that is commonly used on inexpensive microphone connections (CB and similar items). More professional microphone connections are made with the type of connector that is commonly referred to as "XLR" after the designation that ITT Cannon uses on it's line of these connectors. Even the flexible tubing (conduit) that is used for things like goose neck lamps and microphone stands is probably not a stock item at the electric suppliers. It is probably made for each specific application with all the details specified down to the type of finish and color and any needed transition pieces on the ends.

I have seen professional microphones and microphone products that have the XLR style connectors that are built in. Many hand held microphones use this type of design with a male XLR connector built into the end of the tube that forms the microphone. But the OEMs who make these microphones design and manufacture these parts as part of their microphone design, they do not buy them and incorporate them. I am sure the same is true for any less expensive microphones that use these less expensive connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    You might be surprised how easy it is to make an adapter if you own a bit of bar stock and a lathe.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

This is probably the stuff you are thinking of
    http://www.flexible-gooseneck.com/index.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I damaged the DRO cables on my lathe,I removed section that exposed to damage and replaced it with Hyd hose with the threaded the hose into sealed junction boxes.There was post on it here with pics,but PB is the host.

Those connectors have ridges or steps (not sure what to call them) inside the strain relief that could very well correspond to the spacing between the turns of metal in a specific conduit. As has been said I would try to get in touch with a China DRO supplier, maybe find one on eBay and send him a message through the eBay system.

I think I found just exactly what I need.Remember pay phones?Yup,the armored handset cords-

http://www.payphone.com/1-4-Armored-...I-Section.html

The diameters and sprial pitch match the connectors exactly.Now if I get them to send me a sample to check.

good find....!