Thread: Just wondering:

Default Just wondering:

I've been trying to order a part for my Starrett last word indicator. The Supplier told me yesterday that this part from Starratt is back ordered, and they cannot give me a delivery date, as Starratt claims they are way behind. (Supplier is KBC tools in Toronto, Ontario.) The part i need is the round ball with a stem that goes into a threaded clamp to lock the indicator into position. KBC's part number 1-855-70557. Anyone else having problems getting items from Starratt, due to them being way behind?

Can't help you with your question, however, I googled it, is it possible to make one?(I would have trouble making that, still learning). Build thread?

They are behind because they're waiting for the chinese shipment to come in , oh sorry I mean the globally sourced products.

Give Starrett a call, they will sell it to you directly if they have it.

Andy, thanks for the sugesstion, but Starratt is out of those. I'm happy to hear they are that busy, Impressive , when so many are not.

Quote Originally Posted by andywander View Post
    Give Starrett a call, they will sell it to you directly if they have it.
    One of the things I really like about Starrett is you can deal direct. I've had them just give small inexpensive parts before (like a battery cover). Compared to mitutoyo (have to go through dealer, then there is a min order blah blah blah) Starrett, when I've dealt with them, is how customer service should be

I just ordered a couple of indicator crystals from Starrett that they told me were back ordered and wouldn't arrive until April. One arrived in a week and the other in 2 weeks.

If Starrett will take the order, order up your part and wait.