Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NAMES Expo 2018

Quote Originally Posted by loose nut View Post
    He is one of the guys I emailed.

I plan on getting there early on Friday and grabbing a couple of tables.
    I will let him know,
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

The correct email is davemzimmerman@comcast.net there is an m between dave and Zimmerman but he will have a couple of tables for you
    Glen
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Thanks Pt, email is in the wind.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

For those that are coming to the show next weekend. The weather is supposed to be better, no freezing rain like today and in the low to mid 50's and clear. And be sure to check the MDOT site for changes in construction status of the freeways as it some times seems it changes by the hour or at least daily. https://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/
    Last edited by PTSideshow; 04-15-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Glen

Any idea when the seminar schedules will be posted?

Dave is in charge of them davemzimmerman@comcast.net
    Glen

For those that are coming to the show. The weather is supposed to be better, no freezing rain like today and in the low to mid 50's and clear. And be sure to check the MDOT site for changes in construction status of the freeways as it some times seems it changes by the hour or at least daily. https://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/ Due to rolling patching crews and freeway shut downs over the weekend
    Glen

Well, I just got back from the expo. Thanks Glen for setting up the great weather.

I was a vendor there so didn't get as much looking time as I might have liked, but did see some great work and had several interesting conversations. Of course there were some of the other kind too.

I brought along my Quorn tool and cutter grinder just for a conversation starter, and on the way back I got to thinking that there's very little display of shop made tooling. When you see the pics of the British model engineering shows there are always a lot of pieces that show amazing craftsmanship, ingenuity or both. There's no reason some of the display at NAMES couldn't be tools too. One that I recollect was a display by the NEMES guys of that clever bell crank arrangement to produce any thread pitch you need by advancing or retarding the tool slightly from the nearest standard thread on your lathe. Village Press has two magazines from the Shop Made Tools thread so I know there's lots of material. Think about hauling some of your neat pieces to the show next year. I think the display table cost is so low I'd even pitch in to buy a table if some others would help fill it.

In the category of "other conversations" one was just something overheard. A middle aged guy was drifting by with his 17 year old kid and as they passed by the corner I heard the dad tell the kid "small lathe" as he gestured toward the Quorn. If the guy gives his kid sex education like that, some day that poor kid is in for one BIG surprise.
    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by TGTool View Post

In the category of "other conversations" one was just something overheard. A middle aged guy was drifting by with his 17 year old kid and as they passed by the corner I heard the dad tell the kid "small lathe" as he gestured toward the Quorn. If the guy gives his kid sex education like that, some day that poor kid is in for one BIG surprise.
    That did make me LOL - good one!
    Mike Henry near Chicago

I hope the show went well for those who attended. I used to really like all the photos Errol used to post after show.....if anyone was inclined to pick up that torch it would sure be good for the craft. Lots of non-model engineers getting a look what guys are up to and capable off.