Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone send some Global Warming Please!

Quote Originally Posted by CCWKen View Post
    I thought about rubbing it in but it won't be long before we'll be hitting 100+. I seem to remember it snowing as late as June when I lived in Ohio. I remember several years there were 20' high mountains of snow in the mall parking lots. It was May before it all melted.

Planted the garden three weeks ago. It came up last week.
    There's are a few spots in Grand Rapids where they truck in the snow from parking lots to clear them out that my brother and I 'discovered' while we were in grade school. We'd go hunting and scrounging there every time it warmed up, you'd be surprised at all the stuff we've found. Wallets, loose cash, pretty much anything people could drop we've found there. Still occasionally go through some of them when he's in the area and we just feel like wandering around in some of our old territory.

I'm kind of expecting a muggy wet summer here this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kendall View Post
    There's are a few spots in Grand Rapids where they truck in the snow from parking lots to clear them out that my brother and I 'discovered' while we were in grade school. We'd go hunting and scrounging there every time it warmed up, you'd be surprised at all the stuff we've found. Wallets, loose cash, pretty much anything people could drop we've found there. Still occasionally go through some of them when he's in the area and we just feel like wandering around in some of our old territory.

I'm kind of expecting a muggy wet summer here this year.
    I worked at a big factory in GR for years. The parking lots were huge and during the winter they trucked the snow to the edge of the lots. I would sometimes eat my lunch in my car and drive over to the edge of the parking lot in the spring. I did occasionally find money there.

Brian
    OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Anyone have some Florida Sunshine in a can they can spare?

Gonna need a case. 70's vintage preferred, because it is brighter (the ozone hole was bigger then).

We got 12" of heavy icy snow. I had to blow snow off trees with the leaf blower to reduce branch breakage. They're saying we're going to get 5" more. At least we have power.

We have a couple inches, it just won't quit.
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." George Patton
    "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves".
    Ronald Reagan

This IS "Global Warming", that's why they renamed it.

We got 5 inches of snow overnight with more in the forecast today, but we're still facing drought again this year. Wildfires keep getting bigger, followed by downpours and mudslides.
    If you don't watch the news, you're uninformed.
    If you watch Fox News, you're misinformed.

Today it was 26 deg.F when I got up. There was a dusting of snow over icy sleet that accumulated. Streets were salted by the time I left for work.
    Global warming my a**.
    Scientists are saying we're coming into a solar minimum which could mean cooler global temps for the next couple of decades.
    Which scientists?
    Real ones. Not 'climate scientists'.

We broke a 130 year record in Green Bay with 23.7inches of snow this weekend and over 36" this month.
    And more is coming . This was really heavy snow, so even a snow blower had a tough workout
    There is one bright spot...We will get a over night temperature above freezing...now that is welcome even if for one night only!
    Rich

San Diego, Ca *** Please let us know where you are from too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
    Which scientists?
    Real ones. Not 'climate scientists'.
    Come on, If you want to argue what is causing it, that's fine. But to say that "climate scientists" shouldn't be the
    ones that say there is global warming is a little silly. It's not a theory. Every single scientific society on earth says
    that global warming is happening.

This is not a left/right red/blue argument, it is a science argument and the science is strong and undisputable.
    John Titor, when are you.