Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enco Model 205-6215 Power Feed

Default Enco Model 205-6215 Power Feed

About 6 months ago I purchased a used Bridgeport that has an Enco model 205-6215, 135 power feed on the X axis. I just got the mill to my home shop and am ready to get it working. Unfortunately, some wise guy cut both the cords off the power feed, possibly by the riggers when the mill was moved from it's former home. I'm reasonably sure one cord is the power and the other went to the limit switch. Do any of you by chance have a wiring diagram for this thing or know where I might find one? This unit was made in Taiwan so odds are good they were also sold with other brands on them. It's also possible the unit is bad and rather that take the time to fix or replace it, the operator cut the cords off and continued to use the X axis in manual feed. A wiring diagram would be most helpful to troubleshoot this thing. Next option is to pull it off, throw it on the bench and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Bob

Never looked closely at mine. I would assume the power cord has three conductors.
    The limit switch is simple and would only need two wires.

Lesson from the wise: once it is working, do not shift directions without letting the motor stop.
    The plastic gear that gets stripped is up around thirty bucks now.

The power cord ought to be straightforward. For 110VAC, I expect you will see three conductors with insulation as follows: green (ground pin), black (copper screw in plug/narrow blade) and white (silver screw in plug/wide blade).

Here from my comfy chair, I don't immediately have a suggestion for the limit switch. Can check a similar feed later if someone else doesn't provide a definitive answer in the meantime. How many wires do you see for the limit?
    "There's a place for us,
    A special place for us.
    Perspiration and chaos and sulfurous air
    Wait for us
    Somewhere."

(Apologies to Stephen Sondheim who wrote the lyrics and Leonard Bernstein who wrote the music to Somewhere from Westside Story.)

Both cords are 3 conductor.

Any chance of there being three wires for the limit switch: red, blue & black ?
    "There's a place for us,
    A special place for us.
    Wait for us
    Somewhere."

(Apologies to Stephen Sondheim who wrote the lyrics and Leonard Bernstein who wrote the music to Somewhere from Westside Story.)

Quote Originally Posted by blasley View Post
    Both cords are 3 conductor.
    One has a larger black sheath and the three conductors within are heavier gauge w/ green, black & white insulation, yes?
    "There's a place for us,
    A special place for us.
    Wait for us
    Somewhere."

There's a good chance that Enco power feeds are made by Align--I know they make others.

Here's a link to an Align manual in PDF--bet there's little difference if any...

http://www.elrodmachine.com/PDF/ALig...n%20Manual.pdf
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by LKeithR View Post
    There's a good chance that Enco power feeds are made by Align--I know they make others.

Here's a link to an Align manual in PDF--bet there's little difference if any...

http://www.elrodmachine.com/PDF/ALig...n%20Manual.pdf
    That certainly looks very similar. I'll do a little more investigating tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Bob

Pulled the power feed from the Bridgeport and disassembled it far enough to do some testing. While I was getting continuity through the on/off switch and the circuit breaker, I wasn't getting power out of the circuit board to the motor. While pondering that, it dawned on me the gear was missing from the driven shaft. I think it's time to look for a new power feed. Any suggestions for a decent one that won't break the bank?

Got my Align power feed from Bestline Products in Garden Grove CA. They claim to have lots of parts so may be able to help. I have the manual for mine so could scan and send the circuit diagram it that would help. The limit switch is actually two micro switches so the three wires. There are no color codes that I can see on the wiring diagram and being Chinese made they don't necessarily use the same colors we do in North America.
    Larry