Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slow Site Why?

LoL. Why do you guys still talk about it. It was a HSM forum glitch that is now gone. WoW. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Because I was still experiencing the problem and it was caused by the ad provider rather than HSM itself.

Our server went down yesterday afternoon and is apparently back up, for now. We'll see how long it lasts.

The server carrying the BBS was fine, so the site remained open. However, the ads reside in the broken server, thus the problems with the site.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    LoL. Why do you guys still talk about it. It was a HSM forum glitch that is now gone. WoW. JR
    I guess I really don't know what you are talking, but it just took me 6 mins. to load this page.
    Nope, not a problem for you, but it seems to be for me and others.
    THAT's the problem. WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    What was posted right now > Our server went down yesterday afternoon and is apparently back up, for now. We'll see how long it lasts.

The server carrying the BBS was fine, so the site remained open. However, the ads reside in the broken server, thus the problems with the site.
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation 4x4 Router, MakerGear M2 3D printer- 20 Watt Ray Fine Galvo fiber laser, LightObject 40 watt co2 Laser Engraver

Thanks George for getting it done. My thought is why don't you allow members to pay say $20 per year or something NOT to see the ads. I would sign up yesterday.
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation 4x4 Router, MakerGear M2 3D printer- 20 Watt Ray Fine Galvo fiber laser, LightObject 40 watt co2 Laser Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    Thanks George for getting it done. My thought is why don't you allow members to pay say $20 per year or something NOT to see the ads. I would sign up yesterday.
    $100 per year is probably more realistic.
    Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    $100 per year is probably more realistic.
    I am a paying member of several Forums, most of the time its $12 to $20 per year. I really don't mind the ads, its I like to support the upkeep.

I like the ads, and try to buy from them first.

I don't normally run an ad blocker (ads are what make the internet work), but was forced to install one yesterday so I could load HSM pages. Today I turned it off and HSM still works fine, but with no ads. I assume that means the ad server is still down and has been bypassed.

-js