Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Crags List !!!

Just reply that those options aren't acceptable to you and you still want a solution to your problem as originally asked.

With certain kinds of problems like malware, only trained and approved members can reply to a thread. With more general questions, anyone there can, but given a little time, someone who knows the subject better should give a good answer, assuming there is one and you keep at it.

Sometimes I have good reasons for doing things certain ways, and I may not want to tell anyone what they are. Other times I'm just set in my ways or stubborn...but that's my choice, and it should apply to you and everyone else, so long as it doesn't damage anyone else.

Well I did get a reply again from the same person and now they say to install some software called Speccy don't know what this is going to do but also sounds a bit scarry. Don't get what this software thing is about but they said it would give them a better idea as to what it may be. Don't know if this is a smart move without some idea as to what this program really is.

Just a few clicks finds this, among others:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speccy

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    their suggestion was to just load either Chrome or FireFox and see if that fixes the problem.
    I read (about a year ago) that I.E. is no longer supported. I changed to Chrome because of IE problems. Could this be your problem?

I use IE without issues on Windows 7 Pro. I am on CL all the time.
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation 4x4 Router, MakerGear M2 3D printer- 20 Watt Ray Fine Galvo fiber laser, LightObject 40 watt co2 Laser Engraver

Sorry, was working the last 3 days so didn't see this till today. Still have the problem but today I am doing speed sensor repairs on my wifes Tahoe but will get back to this ASAP. Thanks for the help !!

Hi Again, Well after still no good getting this problem fixed I went ahead and loaded Chrome not that I wanted to but just to try. So Crags does work now so must be something with IE 11 but still don't understand why it was working fine and than a short while ago it quit. Anyway Chrome works, not that I really like it because I can't seem to get to set up things the way I would like but I can just use it for what I need it for. Thanks to all who replyed to get me some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Hi Again, Well after still no good getting this problem fixed I went ahead and loaded Chrome not that I wanted to but just to try. So Crags does work now so must be something with IE 11 but still don't understand why it was working fine and than a short while ago it quit. Anyway Chrome works, not that I really like it because I can't seem to get to set up things the way I would like but I can just use it for what I need it for. Thanks to all who replyed to get me some help.
    Is your system set to run updates from Microsoft automatically? For the last few years, but especially this month (July), there have been lots of problems with them. If that might be the problem, you might want to look at this site:
    https://www.askwoody.com/

What ultimately happened with the Geek site? Didn't you get anyone there to look at your system or offer useful information?

All who responded Thanks. So a few weeks ago I took some advice and loaded Chrome and Craigs worked then I did find another site with the same Captcha that didn't work with EI but did in Chrome. So today I was in IE and just for the heck of it tried Craigs and it is now working in IE. Don't know who fixed the problem as I had sent Craigs and MS both emails, The only thing I can say is that MS was just a few days ago. Just wanted to let everyone know how this ended up for me and that others ideas were tried. Thanks Again !!!!