Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Crags List !!!

Default OT: Crags List !!!

Maybe someone here is having the same problem as I am with Craigs list. If I go to anything of interest that I may be interested in and click on REPLY I get an hour circle and than a message ( sorry something went wrong ) and it doesn't give any information. I looked on line and seems that they have had problems before but anything that is or was posted doesn't seem to work. I did find some info on their feedback that others were having an issue but there is no replys from Craigs list to offer any type of help. Seems that you would think they would be trying to get this working or is it just a few that it isn't working for??? If there is something that can be done maybe someone here knows what the fix may be. Thanks !!! I may not get back to this for a few days as I'm going out of town but will check in when I return.

I had that same problem recently, and still do. We're not the only ones. Apparently this relates to a captcha that must be answered before it will allow a reply, except the captcha is sometimes invisible.

Have you tried first logging into craigslist?

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post

Have you tried first logging into craigslist?
    This. I know CL gets a little weird when I am not logged in. Can’t say that I have had your problem though but I haven’t replied to much on CL lately.

Quote Originally Posted by oxford View Post
    This. I know CL gets a little weird when I am not logged in. Can’t say that I have had your problem though but I haven’t replied to much on CL lately.
    And you do know there is more than one site. I do not know if there is one in every major city but when I travel I can see the differences from one site to another.
    Retired - Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician - Fine Line Automation CNC 4x4 Router

Captchas are often popups.. so if you have a popup blocker..

Could also be that you have cookies off.

I was having that problem too. Upgrading to a newer version of Firefox fixed it.

Thanks for replys as I said just returned today so just getting to this problem. I did turn popups on but still doesn't work. Turned my AD Blocker off for Craigs but still doesn't work. So as of now I guess without the help from Craigs after 3 Emails maybe I'm just going to be dead in the water. If it helps I am running Windows 7 Pro and Explorer11 never had problem till they went to their new system if that's what happened. Another note I don't have an account with them so could it be that they are wanting people to sent up accounts so the know who you are up front?

Pale Moon (Firefox derivative) failed but my IE worked fine. Windows 7 Pro, IE 11. My IE is totally clean, there's no addons installed.

I do not have a craigslist account and never needed to sign in.

Puckdropper, Well now I'm really confused as you seem to be running same computer set up as I am running. As far as I know there is no ad ons added to IE 11 on my computer. Is there any way to tell if something is or was added that I wouldn't know about ? I can't remember any updates to IE 11. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Thanks for replys as I said just returned today so just getting to this problem. I did turn popups on but still doesn't work. Turned my AD Blocker off for Craigs but still doesn't work. So as of now I guess without the help from Craigs after 3 Emails maybe I'm just going to be dead in the water. If it helps I am running Windows 7 Pro and Explorer11 never had problem till they went to their new system if that's what happened. Another note I don't have an account with them so could it be that they are wanting people to sent up accounts so the know who you are up front?
    I am using Win 7 and IE 11 too, and have no problem getting on the Mid Calif. CL whether signed in or not. When I click the top left Reply box in an ad, I get the partially darkened screen with the box containing the 'spinning wheel box', but it goes away on its own in seconds, leaving the data showing on the top left. Here's the momentary 'window':

I hadn't noticed the smaller box on the lower right; this temp window disappeared so fast I almost didn't get the screenshot taken.

A frequent bit of advise I see being given for similar problems is to clear your history or 'cache', using the Tools menu.

Last edited by CreakyOne; 07-12-2018 at 07:26 PM.