Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Production Run with Heinrich Drill Press Vise

You should run a few on ebay to sell at say 25 bux shipped, you may be surprised.
    If someone else is not making them.
    It's always fun when a few hours on your machines save a big bunch of money..

That good idea ,in off season could make a bunch.Is there anything more durable with same slippery texture as UHMW.

How about oil filled UHMW?

I believe wood is still used for such things. Hard maple?

Hi,

White oak is quite common for these types of needs. But plastic is cheaper and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 754 View Post
    You should run a few on ebay to sell at say 25 bux shipped, you may be surprised.
    If someone else is not making them.
    It's always fun when a few hours on your machines save a big bunch of money..
    Quote Originally Posted by wdtom44 View Post
    That good idea ,in off season could make a bunch.Is there anything more durable with same slippery texture as UHMW.

How about oil filled UHMW?
    The UHMW is pretty durable they lasted 900 hrs,good idea I will try to make extras.
    Quote Originally Posted by strokersix View Post
    I believe wood is still used for such things. Hard maple?
    Quote Originally Posted by dalee100 View Post
    Hi,

White oak is quite common for these types of needs. But plastic is cheaper and easier.
    The steady bearing for supporting 50' power shaft on big auger that was built in 1990 has allways been outside.I made them from maple and 6 out of 18 are original,those 6 are looking ugly now but initially was hoping to get 2-3 yrs.,this auger has moved a lot of grain.

Wel, if you know your costs, put a few on ebay without making them. 2 weeks to ship them.
    If no one orders, no loss..

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    Is there anything more durable with same slippery texture as UHMW.
    There are various grades of UHMW, different molecular weights I believe. For example, the best UHMW we use is blue in colour, but I can't recall its exact properties. It costs more, so best to test some first (see below).

Be aware that white UHMW can break down after a few years from UV (it becomes brittle).

I would ask your supplier for advise and get samples of a few other types and mix them in with the ones you have just made. Do a comparison after a season.

Personally, I doubt there is anything better than UHMW for wear.

Quote Originally Posted by 754 View Post
    Wel, if you know your costs, put a few on ebay without making them. 2 weeks to ship them.
    If no one orders, no loss..
    I might have to try that thanks,drilling& counter sinking takes about 1 min for each piece.