Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grinder Storage What do Do With the Cords

Default Velcro Tie Wraps

Troll Ebay for Velcro strips that are made for cords. Look and work like a wire tie. They're cheap, (100 for $12) work well and can be used for other than wire. Using them means the molded cord keeper at the machine end is not pulled out of shape or plug stepped on. Pull off velcro, lay out cord, wrap Velcro back on itself, neat & easy. But, my grinders are all laying on a shelf as I have to build a place to hang them. Cords are neat though.

JLG

I very much dislike extension cords in the shop. We have 4 ceiling hung cord reels that keep cords from under foot where they get damaged or trip you.

Velcro.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wife solved the grinder cord storage issue by buying me a Brushless 18v Makita grinder for Christmas. Used it a bunch yesterday afternoon, and I'm very surprised how good it works, and how long a battery lasts on it. Not a replacement for my corded ones, but very supplemental.

I have the Dewalt version cordless. Agree, it works pretty good as long as it's light work. If you really need to move some metal I use corded tools.

How are you going to keep the weld splatter off of the cords?

Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    How are you going to keep the weld splatter off of the cords?
    48" x 96" Steel plate table top.
    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.