Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Victor tool company sure didn't impress me.

Default Victor tool company sure didn't impress me.

I have an idea for packaging up a line tools. I figured I would give the idea to Victor and called them.

Sales guy answers and I tell him I would like to their R&D dept. or their purchasing dept. about this idea I have.

Guy tells me they wouldn't be interested. " You don't even know what my idea is. how can they not be interested?"

" They are not interested, you want to order something or not?" "not" ever.

Just in case Vicktor trolls this site: Grizzly and Shars are damn sure happy about my idea. I just thought I would give the idea to them as well.
    I am not in it for money. I just ask the companies that I get my set for free.

Sorry guys but I won't say what it is for a few months. That should give the motivated companies a big head start over the non motivated until it is too late ones.

Iíve been nothing but happy with Victor. No need to get pissy because they werenít interested in your idea. Maybe see how far you get with McMaster or MSC and report back? Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by adatesman View Post
    Iíve been nothing but happy with Victor.
    I couldn't agree more. Great company to do business with, and they don't sell crap.

Are we talking Victor Machinery Exchange???

I can't find a website for Victor Tools.

JL............
    Last edited by JoeLee; 10-31-2018 at 08:57 PM.

I built a prototype of a band saw attachment. I sent pictures and a written description to Grizzly. No answer of acknowledgement. I bumped into the owner at the tent sale. His answer was that he could not even answer because of a possible patent lawsuit. So I sent the same packet to Carter Guides and got the same treatment except for a "no thank you".
    My guess is that there are a surplus of lawyers looking for work.

As to Victor Tools, I have nothing but a positive interaction with them.

I wonder if the Victor salesman was paid on commission? No sale - no money in his pocket so no interest in doing anything even if it benefited the company he worked for.

Victor's in New York, right? Typical rude New Yorker?

Lots of guys are biased against "inventors". They often have little money and want you to do a lot of work and then they go "oh let's try it like this" and so on. You bust your butt and don't get paid.

I very much doubt VME would try to advance anyone's idea. I wouldn't take it personally.

And Victor is a good place to shop. My only beef is their shipping rates are high.

metalmagpie

I've had nothing but good luck with VME, they are one of the few US suppliers I've tried who are happy to use the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800miner View Post
    Just in case Vicktor trolls this site: Grizzly and Shars are damn sure happy about my idea. I just thought I would give the idea to them as well.
    I am not in it for money. I just ask the companies that I get my set for free.

Sorry guys but I won't say what it is for a few months. That should give the motivated companies a big head start over the non motivated until it is too late ones.
    This bit really sticks in my craw. Youíre not in it for the money, but complain when Victor wonít give you free stuff for your idea. Which means it *is* about the money. Other companies are willing to pay you, but Victor is not.

No need to **** on them publicly for it.

There's hundreds of you guys...... with crazy crummy ideas

I do NOT mean that YOU have a crummy idea, I expect your idea is pretty good, actually, based on what I see here.

No, the issue is that many companies get a lot of inventor type folks with ideas contacting them. Been there, seen it, had to evaluate some of them.

VME, to be specific, (a good company that I am happy to do business with) is not in the manufacturing business, as far as I lknow. So they are not a customer for a product idea. They find companies that can supply suitable products that fit their product line. They do not probably even have a system for handling a product that they have to engineer, and then have made, keep QC up to snuff with, etc.

You need to contact a company that is in a related manufacturing business, or that DOES have related specially made products of their own, even of they do not make the products.

You cannot sell a better pig food to a sheep farmer.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan