Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O.T. ate a pound of chocolate and now i feel sick...

Default O.T. ate a pound of chocolate and now i feel sick...

Who else goes through this around halloween? you buy candy for the kids just in case any show because god forbid you sure don't want to be that person that does not have any candy if someone knocks,

admittedly - you don't advertise that your at home kinda in hopes that you get to hoard all the candy to yourself cuz your the last of 8 kids in your family and it kinda triggers a selfish response but something you needed to stay alive when you were younger... yet now I think it's going to end up killing me... crazy times...

We buy enough to feed about 200 kids. We usually have 30 to 50 groups show up. Obviously we have some left over. To save our health we take the leftovers to the senior center and bowling alley.
    Measure twice. Cut once. Weld. Repeat.
    ( Welding solves many problems.)

A 12 pack of beer will make you feel..... better!
    You can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think.
    "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." George Patton
    "I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves".
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    We buy enough to feed about 200 kids. We usually have 30 to 50 groups show up. Obviously we have some left over. To save our health we take the leftovers to the senior center and bowling alley.
    Your face must hurt the next day from smiling at all the kids all night - I just don't have any self control with chocolate hanging around the house even for just one day - it's all going to get "et" and im going to be sick - it's like a disease in itself -and im sure will create one if it happened allot...

Quote Originally Posted by flylo View Post
    A 12 pack of beer will make you feel..... better!
    trying to get me to puke --- might not be a bad idea actually, just get it over with ?

Quote Originally Posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
    Who else goes through this around halloween? you buy candy for the kids just in case any show because god forbid you sure don't want to be that person that does not have any candy if someone knocks,

admittedly - you don't advertise that your at home kinda in hopes that you get to hoard all the candy to yourself cuz your the last of 8 kids in your family and it kinda triggers a selfish response but something you needed to stay alive when you were younger... yet now I think it's going to end up killing me... crazy times...
    when i was in the usmc in 2006-11, i was in boot camp around the tail end of some weird **** that was going on. basically the drill instructors knew the writing was on the wall regarding all the restrictions coming down the pipeline.

my platoon started at 97, graduated 63 iirc. that wasn't normal. anyhow. they let us receive gifts and **** for Christmas because we were there from oct through dec. they told us explicitly all candy would be confiscated. one of the drill instructors fell sorry for us i guess.. let us call home on his personal cell phone, like 6 people per night, 10 minutes each. instructions were: whoever called him back, that recruit got crucified and that would cut off the rest of the group cell phone privileges.

so, as luck would turn out, someone by the last name of name of Avery got a 5 pound bag of chocolate covered peanuts in the mail.. and he was also one of the first to call home on DI's cellphone. the next day Avery's Gf called the DI back. so guess who got to eat the entire 5 pound back of chocolate mm's that night? yeah, he didn't feel good the next day. probably a damn miracle didn't end up in the hospital.
    Last edited by johansen; 11-01-2018 at 12:29 AM.

That stuff they sell for handing out to the trick-or-treat crowd isn't chocolate.... it's diluted with waxes and stuff to cheapen it (not that they charge less). it doesn't even taste right, although the kids don't notice that.

I guess it technically is edible...... but I'd not be surprised it might make a person sick.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I’m chomping away on leftovers too. Recess peanut butter cups are to die for
    Work hard play hard

Lots of spooky houses in our neighborhood tonight

Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    I’m chomping away on leftovers too. Recess peanut butter cups are to die for
    Literally, for some of us. Peanut allergies suck, i havent had a Reeses in decades now...

Quote Originally Posted by danlb View Post
    Jimniy christmas, where do you live, Disney? I couldnt deal with that many people knocking on my door...