Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Deta Milling Machine Has anyone operated one?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    1,130

    Default Deta Milling Machine Has anyone operated one?

    Going to look at a Deta Made in Italy Multi Mill tomorrow,any one ever operated one of these.It is a Horizontal& Vertical Mill with ISO 50 taper on both,it's not for me just going with a freind to look.It is equipped universal vertical head with Quiil,most of those heads I have seen usually don't have a Quill.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    This one?

    http://www.lathes.co.uk/de-tomasi/

    N'other shop going TU in Edmonton?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kansas City area
    Posts
    5,493

    Default

    That is a very nice looking machine. The addition of the quill in the head makes it more desirable than most. I would love to have that one in my shop. I ran an Italian made SAIMP mill for a while. It was good quality, well made. The Italians build quality machine tools, probably ever since Leonardo was a boy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    anything with a 50 taper is major muscle. Italians do make great machines, and cars, motorcycles,...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Demokratik Republik of Washington
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob_s View Post
    This one?

    http://www.lathes.co.uk/de-tomasi/

    N'other shop going TU in Edmonton?
    with a universal table... someone will have some fun.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob_s View Post
    This one?

    http://www.lathes.co.uk/de-tomasi/

    N'other shop going TU in Edmonton?
    That's the one,no shop going under they had some electrical issues with X axis so replaced with newer machine.




    Quote Originally Posted by Toolguy View Post
    That is a very nice looking machine. The addition of the quill in the head makes it more desirable than most. I would love to have that one in my shop. I ran an Italian made SAIMP mill for a while. It was good quality, well made. The Italians build quality machine tools, probably ever since Leonardo was a boy.
    It is a BEAST and appears in good shape,excluding electrical problem.It even has powered Ram head.
    Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    anything with a 50 taper is major muscle. Italians do make great machines, and cars, motorcycles,...
    Ya both are 50 taper,the vertical head very impressive 4-1/2" Quill travel and 5" dia.It is also pressure lubed

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinguy View Post
    with a universal table... someone will have some fun.
    Ya my freind will have a lot fun with it,he made the deal on it and will have it in his shop next week.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Somerset UK
    Posts
    1,667

    Default

    I had to laugh when I saw the dimensions in the brochure, thinking of the Italians cursing having to convert to fractions of an inch.
    Last edited by old mart; 11-10-2018 at 04:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old mart View Post
    I had to laugh when I saw the dimensions in the brochure, thinking of the Italians cursing having to convert to fractions of an inch.
    Yes they wouldn't care for that much,the Table on this one has a metal ruler incorporated on the table.Good idea if don't have DRO.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Somerset UK
    Posts
    1,667

    Default

    It is a superb machine, makes a Bridgeport look like a toy. I have always fancied a Rambaudi, http://www.lathes.co.uk/rambaudi/page3.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old mart View Post
    It is a superb machine, makes a Bridgeport look like a toy. I have always fancied a Rambaudi, http://www.lathes.co.uk/rambaudi/page3.html
    That's nice machine,I like how vertical head converts to horizontal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •