Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Wildfires in Cali

Default OT: Wildfires in Cali

I hope people in Cali are not being terribly affected by the wildfires. We hear about them a lot on the East Coast but I guess we don't really stop much to think about folks over there except when our damn orders are affected!

Dear Valued Harbor Freight Customer,

Due to the wildfires in California, we have experienced some disruption to our regular online shipping services. As a result, the shipment of your recent order has been delayed. We are working diligently to get your order out as quickly as possible. Once your order ships, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with more information. To check in the meantime, the website has the most updated information about your order.

To check the status of your order, go to the HarborFreight.com home page, click ‘Order Status’ and enter the order number you received in your order confirmation email.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and patience as we respond to the impact of the wildfires.

Sincerely,

Harbor Freight Tools Customer Service
    Work hard play hard

a member of another forum was from Paradise. Whole house gone, all that's left is a gutted F150, a Bridgeport and a Southbend lathe. Easy to be flippant about it until you see the before and after pictures. Still, at least he and his wife weren't two of the 60+ that died.

My mother and brother live in San Jose and we have been somewhat concerned about them. So far they have been far from any danger and safe. But they are watching developments, as we all are. I speak with them about once a week.

The Red Cross is asking for financial donations.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    I hope people in Cali are not being terribly affected by the wildfires. We hear about them a lot on the East Coast but I guess we don't really stop much to think about folks over there except when our damn orders are affected!
    There's not much to say except ... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    Likewise
    Work hard play hard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    My mother and brother live in San Jose and we have been somewhat concerned about them. So far they have been far from any danger and safe. But they are watching developments, as we all are. I speak with them about once a week.

The Red Cross is asking for financial donations.

I imagine their air is just as bad as ours in Concord (can't imagine it being much worse). Heavy smoke in the air, many people wearing masks when they're outside. Those with asthma or other respiratory problems are in trouble - about the only thing they can do is head for the mountains. I can breathe without difficulty but my throat is raw and my eyes sting.

But that's nothing compared to the devastation in Paradise. Terrible.

-js

Quote Originally Posted by tomato coupe View Post
    How bout "wow what an asshat" ?

Well. My town and the towns around me are cooked. And right before the fire we had a mass shooting where some folks we knew were killed. Its been a chitty week here in Ventura County.. JR
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Quote Originally Posted by JRouche View Post
    Well. My town and the towns around me are cooked. And right before the fire we had a mass shooting where some folks we knew were killed. Its been a chitty week here in Ventura County.. JR
    Cooked? Meaning you were burned out? Terrible about the shooting, on top of the fires. Sorry about your friends.

Yeah, a bad week. Take care.

-js

air quality in san jose is very bad right now. but we are safe from any wildfire. we can feel the effects of breathing the air. but not much we can do about it. some schools have closed, but santa clara county schools are open, but no PE or outdoor recess. most schools here have lunch outdoors, but I think they are doing lunch in shifts in the tiny cafeterias. decades of air quality board denying controlled burn permits to cal fire has come back to haunt us.